Under the supervision of the Bus Driver Supervisor and/or Manager, the Bus Driver drives a van or full-size bus to transport clients, trainees, or company personnel; drives vehicle from individual or central loading area to social services, medical centers, training locations, job sites, or other destinations according to assigned schedule. Provides safe and comfortable transportation to and from one destination to another.
This position description is subject to change at any time as needed to meet the requirements of the program or company.
- Drives a van or full-size bus to transport clients, trainees, or company personnel.
- Drives vehicle from individual or central loading area to social services, medical centers, training locations, job sites, or other destinations according to assigned schedule.
- Provides safe and comfortable transportation to and from one destination to another.
- Minimum Qualifications: Education/Certifications: One-year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent. Must provide a copy of the diploma
- CDL and truck driving or bus company training required.
- Must be able to obtain Host Country Bus Endorsement
- Two (2) years technical experience
- Must read, write, and speak English fluently
- Must be capable of working in an extreme weather conditions with temperatures exceeding 120 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Indoor and/or outdoor environment with very adverse and harsh conditions (i.e., hot, dry, duty, desert environment with average temperatures of 30 degrees in the winter and 130 degrees in the summer months).
- Includes some industrial production environment conditions as well.
- Light work. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Work may require heavy lifting, stooping, climbing, prolonged standing, prolonged sitting, and working with or in areas where a potential could exist for exposure to physical, chemical, or biological agents.
- Employee use of personal protective equipment (PPE) is required for some situations. PPE includes, but is not limited to, head, foot, torso, respiratory, vision, and hearing protective devices.
- Must comply with all Fire and Safety Regulations and post policies.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
Vectrus is a leading global government services company with a history in the services market that dates back more than 70 years. The company provides facility and base operations; supply chain and logistics services; information technology mission support; and engineering and digital integration services to U.S. government customers around the world. Vectrus is differentiated by operational excellence, superior program performance, a history of long-term customer relationships and a strong commitment to their customers' mission success. Vectrus is headquartered in Colorado Springs, CO, and includes about 6,700 employees spanning 129 locations in 22 countries. In 2018, Vectrus generated sales of $1.3 billion. To learn about career opportunities at Vectrus, visit www.vectrus.com/careers.