To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to fulfill each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Coordinates with the Operations Manager of short/long term planning of tasks/operations.
- Responsible for the supervision of day-to-day operations within the department.
- Provides guidance and assistance to assigned personnel on current principles, practices, and procedures to be employed, quantity and quality of work expected, and tools and materials to be used.
- Plans work schedules, sequence of operations, and distribution of work, designates workers and assigns work, explains work requirements, methods and procedures, and assists with resolving problems.
- Prepares daily operational reports and weekly summary reports to include internal and external taskers, personnel tracking, and other critical tasks as assigned by the Operations Manager.
- Interfaces with designated government representatives and other contractor elements to ensure smooth operations and compliance with government directives, standards, and needs of the U.S. Government.
- Assists in establishing, updating and maintaining department files in accordance with Government regulations and standard operating procedures.
- Acts as a sub-hand receipt holder and approving authority in the absence of the Operations Manager.
- Provides leadership and guidance to employees that is consistent with, and in support of, the section goals and objectives.
- Processes, distributes and safeguards confidential and sensitive documents.
- Assists in the development and implementation of standard operating procedures, work instructions, and training plans.
- Conducts, leads, and participates in briefings, problem solving meetings, and Brigade level discussions.
- Ensures all personnel understand and follow all Company and Government policies, procedures and directives.
- Ensure all personnel follow all Safety directives for APS-2.
- Able to manage employee vacation, sick leave, time sheets, labor cards and job management.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 1. High School diploma or equivalent required.
- 2. Bachelor's degree preferred
- 3. U.S. Army Battle Staff Course, Support Operations Course, or equivalent service schools preferred.
- 4. 2 - 3 years' experience in operations management or similar experience is required.
- 5. Work experience may be substituted for educational requirements and/or educational achievements may be substituted for years of experience. A Bachelor's degree is equivalent to 4 years of experience.
- 6. A minimum of 1 to 3 years of supervisory experience is required.
- 7. Excellent computer, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills required. Computer skills include working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- 8. Must be able to meet and maintain all base access security requirements.
- 9. Must be able to meet and maintain all LIMS access requirements (Common Access Card).
Specialized knowledge and skills:
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand English and German preferably.
- Ability to independently operate with minimal supervision.
- Must possess a strong knowledge of operations, logistics, and maintenance, supply and/or transportation procedures.
- Must have demonstrated leadership and management skills, including a professional demeanor.
- Must have strong interpersonal communication skills and ability to work and communicate with other effectively.
- Driver's license is required.
- Required upon hire must have a valid US Driver's License
- Physical Demands:
- Stooping, sitting, kneeling, standing, walking, lifting up to 50 pounds by themselves-51+ with the assistance of another person, touching dexterity (hand and finger), carrying, clear seeing-general, close vision, color perception, clear speech, driving vehicle, moving objects.
- Work Environment
- Works alone, with and around others, verbal/face-to-face contact, inside/outside, extended days, confined areas, extreme heat/cold, temperature changes, wet and/or humid, noise, mechanical and electrical equipment, high places.
Amentum brings industry-best expertise, processes, and technology to ensure the availability and reliability of our Government and commercial clients’ vital facilities and equipment. We apply our culture of excellence to operate, maintain, and manage your global assets and complex supply chains to meet modern challenges at home and abroad. You get the confidence that comes from a partner with on a century-long heritage of unrelenting dedication to our clients’ missions across the DoD, civilian agencies, and the IC.
Our leading technologies and repeatable processes are delivered by experts with a record of optimizing the quality and cost-effectiveness of support. Using tools such as our Facility Asset Management & Operations Services (FAMOS™) model, we integrate diverse operational elements into a single, unified approach providing control and visibility. This allows us to increase operational readiness and extend the life of critical facilities and equipment.
Amentum’s skilled workforce lives with outcomes rather than just works on them. Our employees hold the most sought-after certifications in the industry, including Program Management Professional (PMP), IT/Cyber, ITIL, and Professional Scrum Master (PSM). Our teams who maintain and modify vehicles, aircraft, and weapons systems work within disciplined environments certified to AS9001D, ISO 9001:2015, AS9110B, and AS9100C standards.
Whether it’s managing facilities supporting the IC’s classified missions, operating UAVs that protect our soldiers, or maintaining military equipment at remote bases abroad, Amentum has the experience, passion, and commitment to meet your critical needs.
- Equipment O&M/Asset Management
- Facility O&M and Range Support
- Global Logistics/Supply Chain Management
- IT/Network Support
- Satellite Communications
- Unmanned Systems