Cloud Software Engineer - 34654 - Military Veterans
Linthicum Heights, MD
Enlighten, an Alion company is looking for a talented Cloud Software Engineer to design, develop and implement complicated and difficult software capabilities for computer based systems. Candidate must have a strong working knowledge and experience developing cloud software based capabilities. Candidate should have an inquisitive nature, responsiveness, and excellent testing skills. Must also possess strong troubleshooting skills and the ability to work under pressure with multiple deadlines. Will work in a fast paced, small business environment with our talented team.
- A current U.S. Government security clearance is highly desired, but not required on day one. Will be processed for at least a Secret level clearance and therefore all candidates must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Bachelor's degree in technical discipline (i.e. computer science, engineering, mathematics, etc.). Educational requirements may be adjusted for applicable work experience. Work experience may be adjusted for highly specialized knowledge or uniquely applicable experience.
- Will consider any candidate that has the tool set below and at least 5+ years of experience as we need support from Mid level on up.
- Experience in streaming and/or batch analytics (e.g. Kafka, Spark, Flink, Storm, MapReduce, Hadoop)
- Experience in distributed databases, NoSQL databases, full text-search engines (e.g. Elasticsearch, MongoDB, Solr)
- Experience in designing enterprise APIs
- Experience in RESTful web services
- Experience in Microservices architecture
- Experience in Object Oriented Programming (OOP) paradigms
- Experience in cloud based technologies (AWS, Azure)
- Experience in Modern Java Frameworks and Libraries (e.g. Spring, Guava)
- Experience with the Linux operating system
- Experience with configuration management tools (e.g. Git, Nexus, Maven)
- Experience with the agile software lifecycle
- Has a proven ability to learn quickly and works well both independently as well as in a team setting
- Scripting experience is a huge plus.
- Machine learning, artificial intelligence, neural networks experience is a huge plus (e.g. Tensorflow)
Security Clearance: None
Linthicum Heights, MD
Alion Science and Technology Corporation is an employee-owned technology solutions company delivering technical expertise and operational support to the Department of Defense, civilian government agencies and commercial customers.
Alion was formed in December 2002 when approximately 1600 employees of the IIT Research Institute (IITRI), founded in 1936, purchased substantially all of the assets of IITRI creating a 100% ESOP-owned company. Each Alion employee has a personal stake in ensuring the collective success of the company.
We are committed to maintaining the highest standards. Several Alion locations are ISO 9001:2008 certified and we maintain a CMMI Level 3-appraised development facility, which employs robust, flexible and scalable processes to produce elegant, yet practical solutions.