DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Las Palmas Medical Center offers comprehensive services and special expertise in Emergency Room Medicine (Level III Trauma), Cardiology, Women’s Services, Labor & Delivery, Neonatal Intensive Care, Neuroscience, Pediatric care, and Wound Care Management. Las Palmas Medical Center is also the only Kidney Transplant Center in the Region. Las Palmas Rehabilitation Hospital is a separate facility with newly renovated patient rooms, exercise equipment and cafeteria. The physicians, nurses and staff at our 325-bed facility are committed to caring for our community with compassionate, quality healthcare.
We offer an excellent total compensation package, for various positions including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan assistance program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Under the general supervision of the unit’s Director or designee the Coordinator assumes responsibility for direction and coordination of all functions in the unit, in collaboration with the Director or in the absence of the Director. In
collaboration with other members of the management team, this individual is responsible for the ongoing assessment of the quality of patient care services provided in unit. Coordinates training, orientation and performance improvement programs with staff, physicians and management along the Neuroscience/Neuro critical care service line. Assist management with supply & equipment training and utilization. The Clinical Coordinator also collaborates with the Director regarding budgetary and strategic planning opportunities for improvement. Collaborate with management, physician and staff to continuously improve quality of services. Assist the Director of Neuroscience/Neuro ICU in developing and implementing assigned projects to improve services. The Clinical Coordinator assists the Director in providing nursing leadership to the unit and overseeing the clinical operations of the unit.
- Facilitate orientation and preceptor program.
- Develop and implement annual competency program.
- Develop and implement annual Performance Improvement Program and quarterly monitors and improvement initiatives.
- Utilized JCAHO standards, AHA and ACC standards to assist in the development and implementation of polices, procedures, protocols and standards of care.
- Assist with the employee recruitment, orientation and mandatory hospital educational programs.
- Educates staff and physician on supply management/cost containment initiatives.
- Works directly with vendors and staff to ensure appropriate training and utilization of supplies and equipment.
- Maintains clinical competencies and assists with patient care as indicated.
- Plans, implements and Maintains Spine Center of Excellence certification
- Clinical Role Model – Demonstrates an advanced level of clinical skills and the ability to support others to achieve the delivery of quality care. Functions as a resource person for staff members and assists in necessary education of individual members of the nursing staff. Assumes responsibility for the overall quality of nursing care provided for the unit, in collaboration with the Director.
- Leadership – Demonstrates interpersonal skills and competency in leadership, supervision, and management of staff
- Assumes responsibility for direction and coordination of all functions in the absence of the Director
- 24Hr staffing coverage of unit
- Other duties as assigned.
- BSN required; MS/MSN preferred
- Current RN licensed in State of Texas
- Specialty certification/training as appropriate
- Current BCLS certification
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
- Education experience within the last 3 years preferred
- Clinical Experience within the last 5 years
- Supervisory or management experience preferred
- Cardiopulmonary rehabilitation experience/knowledge
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge and demonstrated application of current educational theories and principles specific to adult learners
- Knowledge of organizational and program development within a corporate environment.
- Ability to work independently and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously.
- Interpersonal communication skills to interact effectively with individuals of diverse management hierarchies and cultural backgrounds
- Computer skills/abilities- word processing, graphics, spreadsheets, and presentation software