Production Technician I - Military Veterans
Holcim (US) Inc., the largest manufacturer and distributor of cement and related construction materials currently has an immediate opening for a Production Technician I position for its manufacturing facility located in Midlothian, Texas.
Under the direction of the Production Supervisor and Production Technician, the Production Technician I is responsible for maintaining and monitoring efficient operation of all production processes.
- Demonstrates a commitment to communicating, improving and adhering to safety policies in all work environments and areas.
- Practice and promote safety in such way as including but not limited to; assessing risks before starting tasks, only performing authorized activities, utilizing appropriate PPE.
- Exercise and encourage core values including but not limited to; developing self and coaching others by inspiration and empowerment
- Responsible to maintain and monitor efficient operation of all production processes.
- Make routine operation and preventative maintenance inspections of process equipment, report all unusual conditions, and prepare work orders for maintenance when required.
- Operate bobcat, forklift and other equipment, such as air lance and jack hammer.
- Reading of silo measurements.
- Reclaim raw materials (AFR/coal).
- As directed, reclaim sand, iron ore, gypsum and clinker into the process.
- Operate limestone and shale reclaimers to face storage piles and position reclaimers prior to the start of reclaim operation.
- As directed, lubricate, inspect, adjust or make repairs to process equipment.
- Follow all safety procedures.
- Completion of the Area Safety Inspection, Mobile Equipment Checklist and any other documentation as required.
- General housekeeping - keep work areas clean.
- Must be able to work rotating shifts.
- Promotes LafargeHolcim U.S. Safety guidelines and standards, ensuring that safety and compliance requirements are met and followed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Required Education: High school diploma or equivalent
Required Computer Skills: Basic computer skills
- Experience in Production or other plant related experience.
- Knowledge of the cement manufacturing process and equipment a plus.
- Read, write and speak English.
- Strong work standards and attendance record.
- Must be able to climb stairs and ladders and work in both hot and cold environments.
- Must be able to work in awkward positions for short periods of time.
- Must be able to work in confined areas and not have a fear of heights.
It is an exciting time to work in the building materials sector. The world is facing a process of rapid urbanization accompanied by increased pressure on strategic resources (water, raw materials, energy). As the new leader of our industry, LafargeHolcim is seeking to recruit, develop, and retain the best talent to help us meet the challenges and opportunities of the future. We need people eager to grow to their full potential while delivering value to our shareholders, customers, and society in general. Read more: https://www.lafargeholcim.us/join-us-help-world-build-better
Follow us: @LafargeHolcim on Twitter | LafargeHolcim on Facebook