Retail Stocking Associate - Military Veterans
Our Associates (part-time) support the leadership team through operational execution and delivery of a rewarding customer experience. Our Associates (part-time) are part of a retail team of high-achievers, who have a passion for excellence, continuous improvement and obsess about getting things done. They are expected to embrace our Mission Statement and Success Drivers for the Associate (part-time) position and demonstrate Harbor Freight Tool's Core Principles.
- Consistently exhibit expected behaviors to exceed financial goals
- Participate in company programs
- Participate in special events
- Proficient in all assigned areas of responsibility
- Accurate and timely completion of workload
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures
- Exhibit job proficiency and expected behaviors
- Contribute to a team atmosphere
- Provide a helpful customer experience
- Ensure items are in-stock
- Ensure items are priced right
- Maintain a safe, clean, and organized retail store
- Is action oriented and full of energy for the things they see as challenging
- Enjoys working hard
- Shows initiative
- Is calm and professional under pressure
- Does not become defensive or irritated
- Acts with internal and external customers in mind
- Understands how operational execution directly affects the customer experience
- Establishes and maintains relationships with customers and associates through respectful and effective communication.
- Adherence to Injury Illness Prevention Program
- Assist in execution of Physical Inventory Standard Operating Procedure
- Commitment to continued learning and self-development
- Drive and support teamwork
- Daily Download review
- Meet Customer Experience expectations
- Execution of store recovery standards
- Execution of daily cleaning checklist
- Execution of:
- Display Planner
- Execution in accordance with Standard Operating Procedure:
- Floor First Receiving
- Cycle Counts
- Other duties as assigned
- Participate in:
- Name Collection
- Extended Service Plan Program
- Inside Track Club Program
- Efficient processing of point of sale transactions
- Act as witness for till, safe, and deposit counts
- Retail or Customer Service experience preferred
- High School graduate/Equivalent preferred
- Ability to communicate with customers and associates in person and via e-mail and telephone.
- Ability to intermittently lift, push and/or pull up to 50 pounds.
- Requires standing and moving for an entire shift.
- Ability to lift, bend, kneel, climb, crawl and/or twist.
- Ability to safely climb up and down a ladder.
- Ability to become forklift certified and physically able to operate a forklift in accordance with IIPP.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, holidays, overnights and weekends as necessary to meet the needs of the retail business.
- Regular attendance is an essential function of the job.
In 1977, when Harbor Freight Tools was started as a small family-owned business, we made a commitment to provide working people with great quality tools at the lowest prices. And for over 40 years, Harbor Freight Tools has done just that. From hand tools and generators, to air and power tools, from shop equipment to automotive tools, Harbor Freight offers more than 5,000 tools and accessories at quality levels that match or exceed competing brands, but at prices that are up to 80% less. We're not your typical retailer. We're a team of high-achievers, who have a passion for excellence and continuous improvement and obsess about getting things done. We're also equally committed to doing the right thing and giving back to our community. And for us, collaboration is the golden rule. We're a 40 year-old, $4 billion company with over 30 million loyal customers and growing. If you are looking for a not so ordinary and highly rewarding career opportunity, we would love to talk with you.