Description - External
What you will do
Under general supervision, coordinates customer service requests, from initiation to service completion, and maximizing technical resource productivity and profitability by efficiently scheduling and dispatching Technicians with guidance from the Team Leads.
Partners effectively with the Service Team Manager to ensure technical service work is completed in a reasonable timeframe and to the customer’s expectations. Analyzes and assesses technical team performance and makes adjustments as needed to enhance customer satisfaction in a cost effective manner.
How you will do it
- Receives customer requests for unscheduled or scheduled service. Determines customer needs and matches appropriate Technician or Team Lead to the need.
- Communicates the action plan and services to be provided directly to the customer.
- Ensures work has been performed to the customer’s expectations and performs follow-up with the customer, as needed. Answers any customer inquiries and resolves or escalates customer issues, as appropriate.
- Upon completion, reconciles all service requests daily.
- Coordinates labor scheduling to align technician to the appropriate customer and service need. Ensures Technicians are provided daily schedules. Maintains consistent communication with assigned Technicians. Follows up on activities to ensure completion in an established timeframe.
- Assists with creation of L&M quotations.
- Develops and maintains viable long-term relationships with customers and subcontractors.
- Prepares yearly, monthly and weekly execution plans for PSA scheduled service visits.
- Participates in business review meetings by preparing and discussing critical account information pertinent to current profitability status (i.e. outstanding claims, PSA variance, Accounts Receivable issues) and customer satisfaction issues. Researches and follows up on questions identified during monthly business review.
- Ensures that all customer account information required to support call management activities and scheduling of tasks are kept up to date.
- Supports business forecasting
- Processes change orders
- Business review support
- Billing support
- Customer retention support
- Facilitates administration of warranty claims.
- May guide and prioritize the activities of the Customer Service Agent Assistants.
- Periodically performs duties of the Customer Service Agent Assistant as overflow demands.
- Other duties and administrative activities as assigned
Qualifications - External
What we look for
- Associate’s degree preferred, high school diploma or equivalent required, plus a minimum of five years of service industry experience managing service operations and/or service scheduling.
- Must demonstrate the ability to perform work independently and demonstrate solid organizational and attention to detail skills.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with both internal and external clients.
- Must have the ability to simultaneously handle a large and diverse number of projects, tasks and issues with tact, cooperation, and persistence.
- Able to prioritize work activities based upon financial impact to desired business goals.
- Experience and/or basic project accounting or costing principals is desired.
- Able to influence diverse teams to accomplish tasks/goals.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please viewEEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visitwww.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou.
Overtime Status: Non-exempt
A GLOBAL LEADER
The future is being built today, and Johnson Controls is making that future more productive, more secure and more sustainable. We create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. At its core, that promise is about delivering innovation that make people’s lives – and the world – better.
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms.
Explore our site to learn how our innovative solutions are driving the future of urban efficiency.
Travelers Insurance | Naperville, Illinois
FedEx Ground | Romeoville, Illinois
LafargeHolcim | Elburn, Illinois
SC Johnson | Chicago, Illinois
CVS Health | Downers Grove, Illinois
Walgreens | Deerfield, Illinois
Parsons Corporation | Des Plaines, Illinois
FedEx Ground | Chicago, Illinois
FedEx Ground | Chicago, Illinois
FedEx Ground | Niles, Illinois