Kelly Services is looking for a General Manager of a resort in Terra Alta, WV.
Please call (304)295-0205 or email your resume to email@example.com to APPLY TODAY!
Job Title: General Manager
Company: Kelly Services
Duties and Responsibilities
The General Manager:
• Oversees and participates in the resort operations of the resort and ensures the operations quality.
• Establishes a 100% service first attitude among 50+ employees.
• Is accountable for the responsibilities of department heads and holds regular briefings and meetings with all head of departments.
• Leads all key property activities including capital projects, customer service initiatives,
refurbishment, and maintenance.
• Ensures all staff deliver excellent customer service and takes ownership of all guest complaints.
• Sets budget goals and takes responsibility for the preparation, presentation and subsequent
achievement of the resort’s (including residential components) annual Operating Budget, existing Marketing & Sales Plan, and Capital Budget.
• Manages on-going profitability of the resort, ensuring revenue and guest satisfaction targets are exceeded, while implementing cost savings initiatives.
• Ensures all decisions are made in the best interest of the resort and ownership.
• Sets short- and long-term strategic goals for the resort.
• Exhibits a strong understanding of financial statements as well as the ability to react with
impactful strategies to improve profitability and financial results.
• Oversees and takes responsibility for accurate and complete monthly financial reports for the
Treasurer and Board of Directors.
• Supports the procurement of operating supplies and equipment and contracts with third-party vendors for essential equipment and services.
• Serves as a final decision maker in hiring key staff.
• Manages and develops the Resort Leadership team to ensure career progression and
• Provides effective leadership to resort team members.
• Leads all aspects of business planning.
• Responds to external audits and performs internal audits to ensure continual improvement is achieved.
• Participates in new Customer and Property Owner acquisition.
• Develops strong sales prospects along with the sales & marketing team, assisting in residential
sales as necessary.
• Supports Property Owners’ events and activities as necessary.
• Ensures common areas, amenities, and roads of the Community are properly maintained.
• Ensures timely billing of Property Owner Assessments
• Facilitates the collections of delinquent Property Owner accounts.
Bachelor’s degree in business or hospitality management or work equivalent.
Exceptional leadership ability; lead by example and foster a thriving culture for all staff members to grow in their current and future roles.
Exemplary skills managing homeowner relationships.
A strategic and creative mindset that will foster “outside of the box” thinking and ideas.
Experience with budgets and forecasting; ability to decipher financial reporting. Solid background managing food & beverage, and event functions.
Dynamic interpersonal skills
Effective computer skills
Superior skills with MS Office suite including PowerPoint, MS Word, and Excel
Familiarity with QuickBooks is preferred
You’re looking to keep your career moving onward and upward, and we’re here to help you do just that. Our financial staffing experts will connect you with premier companies for opportunities where you can learn, grow, and thrive. Jobs that fit your skills and experience, and most importantly, fit right on your path of where you want to go in in your career. It all adds up.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.]]
Why Kelly - Since 2011 we have placed over 16,000 Veterans
Kelly applies targeted recruiting initiatives to the Veterans population (in all stages of transition) by aligning customer defined requirements with military skills and experience. The transition from military to civilian life can be stressful and complex for veterans, and our staff is trained to assist in this transition. Unlike our competition, Kelly places these resources without geographic or industry constraints, offering our customers and our employees greater flexibility. Kelly has a wide variety of local opportunities, for Veterans and their spouses, within our workforce solutions as well as national recruiting programs on behalf of our customers. Kelly’s leading placement opportunities for Veterans are within Information Technology, Engineering, Science, Light Industrial and Call Center.
Our specially trained Veteran recruiters are armed with a number of tools to help Veterans obtain roles that match their potential including skill translation tools, leading Veteran- centric job boards and Veteran/spouse social media networks, among others.
Through Kelly’s vast branch network, we are closely located to the majority of major military installations across the United States. Kelly recruiters participate in onsite and virtual military career fairs as well as advertise through local and national Veteran job boards. In recent years, over 150 Kelly branches have worked directly with their local military installations to recruit spouses and transitioning personnel. These teams not only engages with transitioning talent from local bases, but also have a strong focus on Veterans in areas where the military has identified high Veteran unemployment. This approach ensures that military talent is engaged and shared across the centralized military recruiting team and documented in a centralized database, so that other Kelly locations can benefit from hiring or relocating this valuable pool of talent.
Our focus on military recruiting is a win on multiple levels. Kelly gains top talent with the skills needed to excel; our clients receive the benefit of that talent to help them compete in an ever challenging business landscape; and Veterans receive gainful employment in line with their skills and abilities to ease the transition to the next phase of their lives.
A People Company, Staffing the World
Kelly founded the temporary staffing industry in 1946, and has maintained a leadership position through the years based on a valuable premise: we invest in people. Today that focus benefits our customers wherever they operate around the globe - in a growing number of specialized fields. And we’ll continue to meet the evolving challenges of workforce flexibility with staffing solutions tailored to your precise business needs, both locally and worldwide.
CVS Health | Star City, West Virginia
CVS Health | Oakland, Maryland
CVS Health | Morgantown, West Virginia
Harbor Freight Tools | Morgantown, West Virginia
Big Lots | Westover, West Virginia
Loram Maintenance of Way, Inc. | Morgantown, West Virginia
USIC | Morgantown, West Virginia
BrightSpring Health Services | Morgantown, West Virginia
FedEx Ground | Morgantown, West Virginia
Federal Bureau of Prisons | Morgantown, West Virginia