Substitute Teacher - Military Veterans
Remember that teacher who made a difference in your life? Now it’s your turn! Substitute teaching is a great opportunity to be a mentor and help students become the best versions of themselves. Substitute teachers are essential to ensuring students continue to learn and grow every day.
Why substitute teach?
- Positively impact the education of students in your own community.
- Feel good about the work you do.
- Earn steady income through a variety of short- and long-term substitute positions available.
- Enjoy work-life balance.
- Assume duties of the classroom teacher in accordance with school district lesson plans, school rules, and Kelly policies. This includes:
- Leading instruction in the classroom by conducting the teacher’s existing lesson plans
- Instructing students on a variety of classroom topics/courses
- Building positive relationships
- Assigning reasonable tasks and homework
- Motivate students to learn, and encourage classroom participation
- Create a classroom environment that’s conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of students
- Adapt to the various learning styles of students
- For long-term assignments, it may be required to develop lessons plans, as well as create, administer, and grade tests and assignments
- 48 college credits
Perks you’ll enjoy as a substitute teacher:
- Free online classroom management training to help you become a capable, confident classroom leader
- Free ongoing professional development to keep your skills sharp
- Paid orientation on district policies and procedures so you understand the culture and requirements of the school district
- Weekly pay
- Kelly-sponsored Affordable Care Act healthcare coverage, for eligible employees
- Group insurance options*
- Ability to create a work schedule that works for you
- Ability to select your preferred school locations
- Apply now!
- If you meet the minimum requirements, you will receive a response to your application within 24-48 hours. This is an opportunity for you to also get questions answered and learn more about the position.
- Share this job. Know someone who would make a great substitute teacher? We’re always looking for more role models!
Our commitment to you:
Kelly® Education is committed to our substitute employees working in safe environments. Kelly Education operates under the collective guidance of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), state officials, and school district administration, and we ensure our employees are adequately protected by school district policies and procedures.
Looking for meaningful work that enriches the lives of students in your community? At Kelly® Education, we connect passionate people with great jobs in local schools. Whether you’re looking to work a few days a week or every day, want to work in a classroom or a non-instructional role—we’ll connect you with flexible work you can feel good about. Even if you’re new to the education field, our thorough training and orientation will prepare you to be successful.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]]
Why Kelly - Since 2011 we have placed over 16,000 Veterans
Kelly applies targeted recruiting initiatives to the Veterans population (in all stages of transition) by aligning customer defined requirements with military skills and experience. The transition from military to civilian life can be stressful and complex for veterans, and our staff is trained to assist in this transition. Unlike our competition, Kelly places these resources without geographic or industry constraints, offering our customers and our employees greater flexibility. Kelly has a wide variety of local opportunities, for Veterans and their spouses, within our workforce solutions as well as national recruiting programs on behalf of our customers. Kelly’s leading placement opportunities for Veterans are within Information Technology, Engineering, Science, Light Industrial and Call Center.
Our specially trained Veteran recruiters are armed with a number of tools to help Veterans obtain roles that match their potential including skill translation tools, leading Veteran- centric job boards and Veteran/spouse social media networks, among others.
Through Kelly’s vast branch network, we are closely located to the majority of major military installations across the United States. Kelly recruiters participate in onsite and virtual military career fairs as well as advertise through local and national Veteran job boards. In recent years, over 150 Kelly branches have worked directly with their local military installations to recruit spouses and transitioning personnel. These teams not only engages with transitioning talent from local bases, but also have a strong focus on Veterans in areas where the military has identified high Veteran unemployment. This approach ensures that military talent is engaged and shared across the centralized military recruiting team and documented in a centralized database, so that other Kelly locations can benefit from hiring or relocating this valuable pool of talent.
Our focus on military recruiting is a win on multiple levels. Kelly gains top talent with the skills needed to excel; our clients receive the benefit of that talent to help them compete in an ever challenging business landscape; and Veterans receive gainful employment in line with their skills and abilities to ease the transition to the next phase of their lives.
A People Company, Staffing the World
Kelly founded the temporary staffing industry in 1946, and has maintained a leadership position through the years based on a valuable premise: we invest in people. Today that focus benefits our customers wherever they operate around the globe - in a growing number of specialized fields. And we’ll continue to meet the evolving challenges of workforce flexibility with staffing solutions tailored to your precise business needs, both locally and worldwide.