Site Reliability Engineer 2 - Military Veterans
Req #: R111055
- US - MD, Columbia
- US - MD, Annapolis Junction
Minimum Clearance Required to Start:Top Secret SCI w/Polygraph
Ready for a challenge that will keep you on the cutting edge of cybersecurity? Do you understand how data flows from hardware through device drivers to the user? Parsons works on top level cyber security for national defense programs and is hiring Reliability Engineers with a focus on research, innovation and solving mission critical challenges.
Parsons’ extensive experience in the cleared space, combined with your technical knowledge, will propel your career forward with opportunity for advancement with top performance. Training, development and opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast paced business grow and evolve. We need our Software Engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to tackle new challenges across the full stack as we continue to push security forward. Parsons Software Engineers analyze, design, and develop computer software required to support hardware or technical service products. The successful candidate will review system architecture, and select and implement appropriate development and support tools to ensure product performance, as well as test and debug related software. We are focused on providing our customers expertise to leverage their existing software and create new capabilities. Parsons provides a unique opportunity to be involved in quick reaction development with opportunities for customer interaction on a team that is focused on developing superior products and encouraging the career growth of its members.
- Shall have eleven (11) years of experience in software development/engineering, including requirements analysis, software development, installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance, testing, and problem diagnosis/resolution.
- Shall have seven (7) years experience in system engineering/architecture.
- Shall have seven (7) yeas experience working with products that support highly distributed, massively parallel computation needs such as Hbase, Hadoop, Acumulo, Big Table, Cassandra, Scality, et cetera.
- At least seven (7) years experience writing software scripts using scripting languages such as Perl, Python, or Ruby for software automation.
- At least three (3) years of experience managing and monitoring large Cloud System (>1000 nodes).
- Experience in performing and providing technical direction for the development, engineering, interfacing, integration, and testing of complete hardware/software systems to include monitoring technical health of a system, improving organizational processes, implementation of postmortem (failure) analysis and incident management
Founded in 1944, Parsons, an engineering, construction, technical, and management services firm with revenues of $2.7 billion in 2011, is 100% owned by the Employee Stock Ownership Trust. We conquer the toughest logistical challenges and deliver design/design-build, program/construction management, and other professional services packaged in innovative alternative delivery methods to federal, regional, and local government agencies, as well as to private industrial customers worldwide. Parsons is a leader in many diversified markets with a focus on transportation, environmental/infrastructure, and defense/security.