IT Service Desk Technician (TS/SCI w/ Poly) - Military Veterans
Fort Meade, MD
Req #: R110702
- US - MD, Fort George G. Meade
Minimum Clearance Required to Start:Top Secret SCI w/Polygraph
Ready to put your skills to work on Technical or Engineering projects? Are you great with people and have willingness to work hard to get the job done? Parsons is seeking a candidate with a desire to enhance the fabric of our community.
As a IT Specialist, you will be supporting a team that supports USCYBERCOM IT Help/Service Desk. We're looking for someone who has solid trouble-shooting skills and can interact with the customer for all types of IT support needs.
Daily Duties include:
• Performs entry-level IT administration and functions such as, user adds, moves and deletes, backup and restore, preventive maintenance, and upgrades
• Provides initial assessment, research, and resolution of basic incidents and requests regarding the use of application software products and infrastructure components
• Addresses and resolves basic incidents and requests and logs all incidents and requests
• Creates a positive client support experience and builds relationships through deep problem understanding, ensuring timely resolution
• Monitors systems and peripheral equipment, system processing, and error listings to maintain control of hardware and software malfunctions
• Creates/enhances the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for the execution of the tasks above
• Supports the USCYBERCOM IT Help/Service Desk
• Minimum five (5) years of experience as an IT Specialist
• Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Computer Engineering, or related discipline
• One of following security certifications (active status): CCNA-Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security+, or SSCP (DoD 8570/8140 IAT level II certification)
• Active TS/SCI + Poly
Preferred / Desired Skills:
• A problem solver who, can get in, be given a project, and use an engineering implementation plan and make it work from cradle to grave
• Has or is willing to gain some more diverse IT skills, including Linux, networking (CCNA would be awesome), and more
• Customer Focused
• VTC scheduling / troubleshooting experience
• Tier 1 support experience
• Experience with JIRA and Remedy
• Experience with Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
• Strong attention to detail and organizational skills. Excellent communications skills.
Location: Fort Meade (Ops 1/Old Hq Bldg)
No Travel RequiredMust be able to obtain, maintain and/or currently possess a security clearance.
Fort Meade, MD
Founded in 1944, Parsons, an engineering, construction, technical, and management services firm with revenues of $2.7 billion in 2011, is 100% owned by the Employee Stock Ownership Trust. We conquer the toughest logistical challenges and deliver design/design-build, program/construction management, and other professional services packaged in innovative alternative delivery methods to federal, regional, and local government agencies, as well as to private industrial customers worldwide. Parsons is a leader in many diversified markets with a focus on transportation, environmental/infrastructure, and defense/security.