Under the supervision of the Electrician Lead, the Master Electrician responsible for coordinating and executing repairs, troubleshooting and preventive maintenance on including, but not limited to, indoor lighting systems, electrical systems and apparatus, main power distribution systems and panel boards, outdoor facility lighting, construction projects and HVAC systems. Responds to emergency power and back-up systems failures. Monitors and tests various electrical systems. Coordinates inspections for contractor performed work in renovations and new construction projects. Locates electrical underground electrical utilities for various projects. Ensures personnel exhibit superior workmanship and focuses on a quality end product. Follows Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to ensure all tasks are accomplished safely and with an emphasis on a quality. Verifies actual hours worked by personnel to accurately report manpower expenditure. Ensures personnel complete all tasks in accordance with local Safety, Environmental, and Health directives. Mentors personnel to develop appropriate skillsets. Addresses customer concerns in a prompt professional and courteous manner. Uses a Computer Maintenance Management System (Maximo) to correctly capture data related to maintenance work orders, preventative maintenance inspections, and emergency/urgent customer requests. Ensures personnel correctly capture data on maintenance work order requests and preventative maintenance inspection forms for upload into the Maximo database
- Coordinates and executes preventive and corrective maintenance troubleshooting and repairs on facility electrical systems and apparatuses
- Supervises inspections and repairs on Main Power Distribution Systems, Panel Boards and indoor/outdoor lighting systems
- Conducts project review and training assigned personnel
- Monitors and tests various electrical systems
- Oversees repair to line voltage for all HVAC systems
- Responds to emergency power outages and back-up system failures
- Maintains accountability and serviceability of assigned tool sets and equipment
- Conducts tests and inspects equipment, services or processes to evaluate quality or performance
- Records and reports all faults, deficiencies, and other unusual occurrences, as well as the time and materials expended on work orders
- Ensure compliance with NEC, MEW, Performance Work Statement and applicable regulations
- Fills in for Electrician Leads when they are unavailable
- This position description is subject to change at any time as needed to meet the requirements of the program or company.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications: Education/Certifications: One-year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
- Must be CAC eligible and/or able to obtain a Common Access Card (CAC)
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- A valid driver’s license and the ability to obtain a U. S. Government Motor Vehicle Operator’s License and host nation Driver’s License, is required.
- Must have an excellent understanding of all safety directives and policies regarding the operation of equipment
- Approximately eight (8) years experience on electrical installation, construction, maintenance and preventive maintenance.
- Must have a valid Masters' Electrician License
- Thorough knowledge of Electrical Codes
- Ability to manage multiple job sites and priorities
- Ability to communicate, interact and work effectively and cooperatively with all people including those from diverse ethnic and educational backgrounds
- Ability to recognize the importance of safety in the workplace, follow safety rules, practice safe work habits, utilize appropriate safety equipment and report unsafe conditions to the appropriate administrator
- Must have basic computer skills
- Must be capable of working in an extreme weather conditions with temperatures exceeding 120 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Indoor and/or outdoor environment with very adverse and harsh conditions (i.e., hot, dry, duty, desert environment with average temperatures of 30 degrees in the winter and 130 degrees in the summer months).
- Includes some industrial production environment conditions as well.
- Light work. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Work may require heavy lifting, stooping, climbing, prolonged standing, prolonged sitting, and working with or in areas where a potential could exist for exposure to physical, chemical, or biological agents.
- Employee use of personal protective equipment (PPE) is required for some situations. PPE includes, but is not limited to, head, foot, torso, respiratory, vision, and hearing protective devices.
- Must comply with all Fire and Safety Regulations and post policies.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
Vectrus is a leading global government services company with a history in the services market that dates back more than 70 years. The company provides facility and base operations; supply chain and logistics services; information technology mission support; and engineering and digital integration services to U.S. government customers around the world. Vectrus is differentiated by operational excellence, superior program performance, a history of long-term customer relationships and a strong commitment to their customers' mission success. Vectrus is headquartered in Colorado Springs, CO, and includes about 6,700 employees spanning 129 locations in 22 countries. In 2018, Vectrus generated sales of $1.3 billion. To learn about career opportunities at Vectrus, visit www.vectrus.com/careers.