Under supervision of Master Electrician, : Installs, inspects, troubleshoots, repairs, operates, and maintains electrical systems and components of electrical power distribution and generating equipment. Performs operations and maintenance duties to maintain power to telecommunications equipment, and maintains the facility’s physical electrical distribution system in good repair. Electrical work experience includes electrical installation in commercial and industrial categories. Electrician complies with National Electrical Code (NEC) 2008 for repairs and upgrades to existing construction, and NEC 2011 standards apply for new construction, contract specifications, and MIL Standards/Regulations.
This position description is subject to change at any time as needed to meet the requirements of the program or company.
- Installs, inspects, troubleshoots, repairs, operates, and maintains electrical systems and components of electrical power distribution and generating equipment.
- Performs operations and maintenance duties to maintain power to telecommunications equipment, and maintains the facility’s physical electrical distribution system in good repair.
- Electrical work experience includes electrical installation in commercial and industrial categories.
- Electrician complies with National Electrical Code (NEC) 2008 for repairs and upgrades to existing construction, and NEC 2011 standards apply for new construction, contract specifications, and MIL Standards/Regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: Education/Certifications: One-year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must be CAC eligible and/or able to obtain a Common Access Card (CAC)
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must possess journeyman electrician license
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a host country driver's license.
- Minimum of five (5) to seven (7) years of work experience in the electrical wiring industry, including experience in planning, laying out, and installing electrical distribution systems IAW the NEC, and will have been under the direct supervision of a qualifying electrician for a licensed electrical contractor.
- OCN Qualifications/Experience Requirements:
- Four (4) years of electrical work experience.
- Must be able to read/write and speak English
- Thorough knowledge of Electrical Codes
- Ability to manage multiple job sites and priorities
- Ability to communicate, interact and work effectively and cooperatively with all people including those from diverse ethnic and educational backgrounds
- Ability to recognize the importance of safety in the workplace, follow safety rules, practice safe work habits, utilize appropriate safety equipment and report unsafe conditions to the appropriate administrator
- Must have basic computer skills
- Must be capable of working in an extreme weather conditions with temperatures exceeding 120 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Indoor and/or outdoor environment with very adverse and harsh conditions (i.e., hot, dry, duty, desert environment with average temperatures of 30 degrees in the winter and 130 degrees in the summer months).
- Includes some industrial production environment conditions as well.
- Light work. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for light work.
- Work may require heavy lifting, stooping, climbing, prolonged standing, prolonged sitting, and working with or in areas where a potential could exist for exposure to physical, chemical, or biological agents.
- Employee use of personal protective equipment (PPE) is required for some situations. PPE includes, but is not limited to, head, foot, torso, respiratory, vision, and hearing protective devices.
- Must comply with all Fire and Safety Regulations and post policies.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
Vectrus is a leading global government services company with a history in the services market that dates back more than 70 years. The company provides facility and base operations; supply chain and logistics services; information technology mission support; and engineering and digital integration services to U.S. government customers around the world. Vectrus is differentiated by operational excellence, superior program performance, a history of long-term customer relationships and a strong commitment to their customers' mission success. Vectrus is headquartered in Colorado Springs, CO, and includes about 6,700 employees spanning 129 locations in 22 countries. In 2018, Vectrus generated sales of $1.3 billion. To learn about career opportunities at Vectrus, visit www.vectrus.com/careers.
Vectrus | ,