Are you driven to serve and help others in your community? Caregivers and Direct Support Professionals (DSP) are the heart of our company with their compassion, dependability, and care. If you want to make an impact by helping people live their best life, read more below and apply today!
- Provides direct care and supervision to individuals enrolled in day support program. Provides input and supervision for all behavior management plans, respects and understands the rights of people supported, ensures safety, recognizes individual needs and encourages independence to people supported with developmental disabilities and/or other related disorders
- Assists people supported with activities planned and implemented according to written and approved plans, including but not limited to skill building activities such as arts and crafts, technology skills, board games, and other such activities that are included in the individual’s plan of support Assistance will be provided during all community engagement outings
- Drives people supported to community engagement activities as needed
- Maintains records in accordance with company policy and procedures. This includes documentation related to: service delivery, progress notes, change in health and emotional condition or other significant events
- May assist people supported with medication or assists or supervises people supported who self-administer medication. Completes medication records and counts
- Maintains a clean, safe, and orderly environment for the people supported. Performs general housekeeping and teaches/supports client to perform housekeeping
- Completes all trainings including new hire, on the job and annual trainings within the designated timeframe
- Understands and follows proper physical safety and emergency protocols
- Completes all documentation accurately and timely
- Understands and utilizes adaptive equipment including wheelchairs and walkers
- High school diploma or General Education Diploma. Exceptions to educational requirements must comply with state law and regulations
- Experience providing services and support to individuals with developmental disabilities, or related disorders preferred
- Minimum age requirement is 18 years
- Valid driver’s license, with a satisfactory driving record, as defined by Company vehicle policy
- Must meet all agency requirements for pre-employment as required by Company and/or State regulations
- Must be able to use a computer for accessing company documentation systems
- Ability to communicate verbal and written with all levels of personnel, internal and external to the company
- Must be able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Capable of working responsibly with highly confidential information
- Potential travel for Community Engagement Activities
About our Line of Business
BrightSpring is the parent company of a family of services and brands that provides clinical, nonclinical, pharmacy and ancillary care services for people of all ages, health and skill levels across home and community settings.
The company is the leading provider of diversified home and community-based health and pharmacy services to medically complex and high-need populations. Its primary businesses include: behavioral health (including autism services), home health care (including personal care, home health, and hospice), neuro therapy, and job placement and vocational training, supported by pharmacy and telecare ancillary technologies and services. These businesses employ over 50,000 dedicated team members in 50 states and provide services for over 350,000 people every day.
BrightSpring. Not just your best career. Your best life.
At BrightSpring, we need excellent people. To do excellent things. Have you wanted to make a difference in the lives of people – or entire communities? At BrightSpring you can.
This in fact could be the amazing opportunity you have been looking for. Have you wanted to find a place where there was no limit to the training you can receive throughout your career? BrightSpring® has it all. Why not find out what we can offer you?
BrightSpring lets you choose the health care field that fits you best.
· HomeCare Services
· Community Living Services
· Family & Youth Services
· Neuro Rehabilitation Services
· Behavioral Health Services
· Telecare & Remote Support
· Pharmacy Services
· Workforce Services
At BrightSpring, we’re putting out the call for everyone from caregivers to nurses to specialists to administrators to business leaders and IT innovators. If you want to be a part of an organization that is shaping the future of American health care, we invite you to take a look at what BrightSpring can offer you…