Web DeveloperWeb Developer - Military Veterans
Current UC employees must apply internally via SuccessFactors > http://bit.ly/UCEMPL
Responsible for the planning, design and implementation, including build, release, deployment and configuration, of the university’s enterprise marketing web sites application.
- Maintain integration with university systems using enterprise Java technologies.
- Develop back-end solutions to help meet the university’s business core systems’ immediate and long-term goals and objectives.
- Work with Front-End Developer to extend university’s selected content management system components and functionality.
- Integrate solutions with other university and external third-party applications.
- Work on tasks of varying complexity in support of projects. Work independently and as a team member in support of team, division, and university-scoped projects.
- Perform quality assurance and troubleshoot issues by reading logs, running tests, communicating with IT@UC system administrators.
- Participate in project planning process. May help prepare estimates and operational requirements.
- Create technical design specifications.
- Maintain appropriate documentation and code commenting.
- Assist in the development of user guides and training documentation for systems.
- Perform script maintenance and updates due to changes in requirements or implementations.
- Assist with setup and maintenance of test environments for both manual and automated testing.
- Build and validate automated and manual deployments and performs regular testing.
- May participate in the development of contingency plans including reliable backup and restore procedures.
- Perform related duties based on departmental need. This job description can be changed at any time.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Six (6) years of relevant work experience and/or other specialized training can be used in lieu of education requirement.
- Two (2) years of relevant experience.
- Extensive experience with Java EE components and services, JSP, OSGi, Apache Felix, JCR, Quartz, and theXMLHttpRequest/XMLHttpResponse cycle.
- Understanding of Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG).
Additional Qualifications Considered
Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) or similar enterprise Sling-based CMS.
Experience with Sling Models, Granite UI, Coral UI.
Bash or similar shell-scripting, Ruby.
Git version control, Bamboo, Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran.
SF:LJN (OMJ) SF:RM SF:HEJ SF:INS SF:HERC SF:DIV