Software Developer Internship - Military Veterans
Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
Due to the ongoing pandemic, the health and safety of our employees, interns, and their families remains our highest priority. The ManTech 2021 Summer Internship will be a virtual experience. The ManTech College Recruiting & Student Programs Team is honored to present a robust virtual summer program for 2021
Become an integral part of a diverse team while working at an Industry Leading Organization, where our employees come first. At ManTech International Corporation, you’ll help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, career and customer-oriented Software Developer Intern to join our team. Locations vary depending on business needs.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Demonstrate your skills that you learned in and out of school with the within ManTech. ManTech is seeking a motivated, mission-oriented Intern to join our Internship Program to be exposed to exciting hands on technical work to grow your skills and obtain a better understanding of the Software Development. At ManTech, you will work on innovative projects that offer great technical challenges. Interns work on guided projects over the summer that can directly flow back to real contracts. At the end of the summer, all of our interns brief their projects success across ManTech.
- Currently pursuing a degree in Computer Science or related field
- Working knowledge of writing software in C/C++, Python, and/or assembly language
- Work and collaborate within an agile team as well as with the other interns using collaboration tools like Slack, Office 365, Google Suite, Atlassian
- Basic programming experience
- Basic understanding of cyber security and secure systems
- A passion for low-level / embedded software development and engineering
- Detailed oriented
- Ability to follow instructions and work in teams
- Individuals must be a U.S. Citizen and either hold an active US Security Clearance or must be eligible to obtain a US Security Clearance.
- Applicants with the appropriate skills but without a security clearance are still encouraged to apply.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50%
What does an Internship at ManTech look like?
- 10-12 week long internship
- Real responsibilities working alongside experienced professionals
- Develop skills with hands-on projects and mentorship
- Team engagements
- Group activities and outings
What are some examples of projects that they work on?
- Create and deploy cloud environments in AWS, Azure and Google
- Perform cloud security analysis and management
- Build software to perform AI based operation in a low code no code environment
- Work on building DevOps pipeline including microservices
- Perform data lifecycle management
- Work on ServiceNow based service management tools and initiatives
How does a student stand out?
- Has worked on Data Science, AI, Cloud Computing or Cyber projects
- Students who have build a network and/or worked with IoT sensors
- Students who have conducted a healthcare study and built useful apps
- A gamer, hacker or app builder who wants to work on mission side
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and contact information.
ManTech was founded in 1968 to provide advanced technological services to the United States government. We began with a single contract with the U.S. Navy to develop war-gaming models for the submarine community. Over the years, our government's technology needs have increased dramatically in scope and sophistication, and we have grown to meet that challenge.
For more than 4 decades, we kept a careful eye on where emerging technologies were taking the government, and we developed the resources to master those technologies—by staying close to our customers and anticipating their needs, hiring talented professionals to propel us into the future, and acquiring companies with proven capabilities.
Today, we are a multi-billion-dollar public company that provides the innovation, adaptability, and critical thinking our government needs for success in defense, intelligence, law enforcement, science, administration, health, and other fields—throughout the nation and in many countries throughout the world. We are now applying the lessons learned in the unforgiving arena of national security to help the private sector protect networks and critical information.