Job TitleClient Accountant
Job Description SummaryResponsible for the performance of cash and accrual management functions, general ledger accounting, and financial reporting. Use established accounting principles to work under limited supervision and to consistently produce a high quality and accurate work product.
Essential Job Duties:
• Perform Full Cycle Accounting to include analysis of accounts or accounting transactions. Prepare and assist with cash management, AP and AR, Accruals and reconciliations. Prioritize and maintain organization of a high-volume workload for multiple clients.
• Prepare comprehensive financial reporting packages timely and accurately in accordance with internal controls and client requirements; Includes prioritizing and maintaining high volume workload and productivity standards for multiple clients
• Apply appropriate procedures for preparation of accounting records, research of transactions and reporting
• Prepare and review fixed asset ledgers to ensure items are properly capitalized and depreciated based on owner requirements; Calculate and record straight-line rent based on client preferences
• Apply the financial policies and procedures of the company and bring inconsistencies and problems to the attention of management
• Research, analyze and effectively communicate basic accounting issues and escalate appropriately. Effectively communicate and collaborate with clients and property management in a timely manner.
• Comply and assist with internal and external audits by providing appropriate documentation and information as requested
• Perform other related duties as required or requested
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance preferred
• Requires at least 1+ years of experience in accounting; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Specialized Knowledge/Skills – Prior experience with accounting or database software packages preferred; Basic knowledge of commercial real estate preferred; Proficient in MS Office; Strong keyboarding and 10 Key skills
• Attention to Detail
• Communication – Oral & Written
• Customer/Client Focus
• Financial Management
• Time Management
Veterans at Cushman & Wakefield will find challenging and rewarding work directly related to their skills and talents. Just as importantly, they will find a camaraderie among the brothers and sisters, peers and leaders who support their distinct needs as well as a culture that honors and respects their contributions in the military and in our organization. Veterans hold positions throughout our organization, from our executive leadership to the front line. Our Veterans Initiative Program infuses leadership into our efforts to attract, engage and recognize our nation’s men and women who bear the honor of service in our Armed Forces.
We’re a world-class commercial real estate services company who puts our customers at the center of everything we do. But to you, the veteran or transitioning service member, this means that we have amazing opportunities in project and property management, through facility engineering and skilled trades, to corporate services – and quite possibly everything in between.