Cyber Security Test Engineer - Military Veterans
Colorado Springs, CO
- Provide support to the cyber security operations staff in resolving cyber security issues as requested
- Assist in the identification of non-compliant system settings, exploitable threats, and other system vulnerabilities
- Assist in authoring technical documentation including test plans, test procedures, technical white papers, and test reports
- Travel: approximately 10%
- Use industry accepted and in-house developed tools to collect and aggregate cyber security data for use in identifying non-compliant system settings, exploitable threats, and other system vulnerabilities
- Assist in the communication with system developers to further understanding of cyber security concepts and implemented controls
- Provide the collected data to Information Systems Security Engineers (ISSE) in support of their assessment of system cyber security posture and support the cyber security operations staff in resolving complex cyber security issues as requested
- Assist in the authoring and peer-reviews cyber security test plans and detailed test procedures that include step-by-step instructions for using advanced cyber security tools
- Enhance cyber security testing processes and procedures through feedback and implementation
- Assist in the reporting on cyber security program activities to upper management as requested
Qualifications Required (Skills)
- Bachelor degree in engineering, mathematics, physics, computer science, or equivalent technical discipline
- 3-5 years of related experience
- Understand fundamental concepts of software design and implementation
- Understand fundamentals of various Operating Systems
- Ability to troubleshoot problems involving complex systems
- Ability to undertake new challenges with limited guidance
- Knowledge of DoD mission system sustainment
- Within 6 months of hire, must meet position and certification requirements outlined in DoDD 8140 and DoDD 8570.01-M for Information Assurance
- ABILITY TO OBTAIN & MAINTAIN A DOD SECRET SECURITY CLEARANCE IS REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION FOR WHICH YOU MUST BE A U.S. CITIZEN. IF YOU DO NOT MEET THIS REQUIREMENT YOU WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED
- 4+ years of experience with MILSATCOM equipment and troubleshooting (desired)
- Experience with Secure Content Automation Protocol (SCAP) Compliance Checker (SCC) and STIG Viewer
- Experience using Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG) and benchmarks
- Experience with Information Assurance Vulnerability Management (IAVM) processes
- Experience with Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS)
- Experience using the Command-Line-Interface (CLI)
- Experience with administrating Linux and Windows systems
- Experience with Database Management (e.g. Microsoft SQL Server)
- Experience with Cisco network devices
- Experience with developing and maintaining scripts (primarily PowerShell)
- Familiarity with DoD RMF Assessment and Authorization (A&A) process
- Familiarity with AF/DoD/CNSSI/NIST security policy/manuals and other guiding policy documents
- Familiarity with penetration testing methodology and tools
- Experience with working in a highly competitive multi-contractor environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Division DescriptionThe Aerospace Sciences and Engineering (ASE) Division is based in Cocoa Beach, Fla., with facilities and capabilities in Colorado Springs, Colo., El Segundo, Calif., and Orcutt, Calif. ASE’s primary focus is aerospace engineering, cyber security and meteorological systems.
ASE is the prime contractor to the U.S. Space Force, providing Systems Engineering & Integration of the Launch Safety infrastructure, the Satellite Control Network and the Standard Space Trainer.
ENSCO’s aerospace engineering efforts support launch range activities throughout the U.S. ASE employees are developing the Range of the future and evaluating highly technical systems for critical launch operations, including range instrumentation, safety and communications.
Our Cyber domain experts are providing engineering solutions for space systems Defensive Cyber Operations, as well as cyber consultative support for private sector and government organizations.
The ASE Division is the premier integrator of weather systems and technologies to enhance safety, reduce cost, and lessen weather impacts on space launches, aviation and business operations.
Strength in DiversityENSCO, Inc. and its wholly owned U.S. subsidiaries are equal opportunity/affirmative action employers, committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under state or local law.
Colorado Springs, CO
ENSCO, Inc., and its wholly owned subsidiaries represent a $140 million international technology enterprise, headquartered in the Washington, D.C., area. For over 50 years, the ENSCO group of companies has been providing engineering, science and advanced technology solutions that guarantee mission success, safety and security to governments and private industries worldwide. ENSCO operates in the defense, transportation, aerospace and intelligence sectors. Field offices and subsidiaries, representatives and partnerships are located throughout the United States and around the world.