Title: Project Manager
Location: Superior, WI
Duration: 12 months +
- Specifically Engineering & Construction Project Manager
- Oversee Core Liquid Pipeline Projects in the Midwest including maintenance and small expansions.
- Managing 5-7 projects simultaneously. Each project team is 5-15 people.
- Accountable for the results of each project they lead. This person will manage core projects to predictably and competitively meet the scope, schedule, safety, environment, quality and financial objectives of each project.
- Areas to include Project Development, Execution, Control, Quality, Stakeholder Engagement, Financial / Budgetary and Team Collaboration:
Project Development, Execution, Monitoring and Control
- Actively participating in development of the scope of work, schedule, costs and risks of assigned projects to ensure the project plan can be successfully executed, prior to transition to execution.
- Understanding and effectively using the project management systems and strong, disciplined project management practices to achieve positive scope, schedule, quality and cost results and manage and mitigate risks on each project.
- Monitor and report on project progress.
- Actively monitoring the performance of each project, using key performance indicators, and taking the necessary actions to correct adverse situations or trends.
- Implement and manage changes when necessary to meet project objectives.
- Regularly reporting the project status to stakeholders and management, proactively escalating issues as needed.
- Lead quality assurance - Ensuring projects comply with Company standards, specifications, practices and procedures and to government regulations and codes by maintaining high standards of performance.
- Continuous Improvement - Identify process improvement opportunities and support change initiatives.
- Building relationships and collaborating with project stakeholders by understanding their needs, through early engagement in decisions and plans that affect them while addressing and resolving issues.
- Complexity/Problem Solving/Independence - Demonstrates broad business and technical knowledge in resolving problems, project management, identifying opportunities and has a keen awareness of interrelationships with other stakeholders.
- Communication - Ability to clearly, concisely and effectively communicate. Proactively inform People Leader if progress on tasks or assignments is better or worse than expected (no surprises).
- Project Teams - Lead diverse project teams of professionals and support staff, in a strong matrix structure, who may be in multiple locations.
- Project Dimensions - 1 to 10 Core Level 1, or Level 2 projects ranging from $200,000 to $50,000,000 and cumulative budget of $10,000,000 to $150,000,000.
- Operating Budget: $1,000,000 - $25,000,000
- Unbudgeted Operating: Decision-making authority up to $250,000 and provide recommendations to Manager for up to $1,000,000
- Unbudgeted Capital: Provide recommendations to Manager on decisions up to $200,000
- Approved Operational and Capital Expenditures: Decision-making authority up to $1,000,000 and provide recommendations to Manager on decisions up to $5,000,000
- Staffing Project - Leading project teams by ensuring they are staffed and capable to meet the challenges and objectives of each project and removing barriers to success.
- Performance Monitoring - Ensuring performance of project team members is regularly shared and communicated with functional leaders.
- Identifying the roles and securing the resources needed for each project. Establish project team with input from functional groups.
- Ensuring project team has the capability and capacity to successfully perform their tasks.
- Teambuilding, support development of team members, recognizing and rewarding of individuals and the project team for exceeding expectations.
- Demonstrate influential leadership to project team.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, construction, operational or project management.
- 6 years, or more, of progressively responsible related working experience in the pipeline industry
- 3 or more years related to project management
- Strong working knowledge of project management methods and techniques, PMP certification or equivalent is a plus.
- Strong leadership and management, including organizational and planning skills.
- Lead meetings and set expectations for project team and stakeholders.
- Successfully negotiate win-win solutions.
- Predict and find issues and potential risks before they arise and implement plans to manage.
- Taking immediate and independent action to resolve issues or problems when they arise.
- Conveying a strong sense of urgency and driving issues to closure.
Important information: This position is recruited for by a remote Kelly office, not your local Kelly branch. Applicants must be legally permitted to work in the United States. Please contact Taryn Carbone (firstname.lastname@example.org) for immediate consideration.
Your engineering skills are in demand, but how do you find the right fit? Easy. With Kelly® Engineering, our experts connect you with leading organizations where you can learn and grow, collaborate on innovative projects, and keep your skills sharp with top technology. Whether you prefer the variety and flexibility of short-term projects, or are looking for something more long-term, we’re here every step of the way to find your dream engineering job.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.]]
Why Kelly - Since 2011 we have placed over 16,000 Veterans
Kelly applies targeted recruiting initiatives to the Veterans population (in all stages of transition) by aligning customer defined requirements with military skills and experience. The transition from military to civilian life can be stressful and complex for veterans, and our staff is trained to assist in this transition. Unlike our competition, Kelly places these resources without geographic or industry constraints, offering our customers and our employees greater flexibility. Kelly has a wide variety of local opportunities, for Veterans and their spouses, within our workforce solutions as well as national recruiting programs on behalf of our customers. Kelly’s leading placement opportunities for Veterans are within Information Technology, Engineering, Science, Light Industrial and Call Center.
Our specially trained Veteran recruiters are armed with a number of tools to help Veterans obtain roles that match their potential including skill translation tools, leading Veteran- centric job boards and Veteran/spouse social media networks, among others.
Through Kelly’s vast branch network, we are closely located to the majority of major military installations across the United States. Kelly recruiters participate in onsite and virtual military career fairs as well as advertise through local and national Veteran job boards. In recent years, over 150 Kelly branches have worked directly with their local military installations to recruit spouses and transitioning personnel. These teams not only engages with transitioning talent from local bases, but also have a strong focus on Veterans in areas where the military has identified high Veteran unemployment. This approach ensures that military talent is engaged and shared across the centralized military recruiting team and documented in a centralized database, so that other Kelly locations can benefit from hiring or relocating this valuable pool of talent.
Our focus on military recruiting is a win on multiple levels. Kelly gains top talent with the skills needed to excel; our clients receive the benefit of that talent to help them compete in an ever challenging business landscape; and Veterans receive gainful employment in line with their skills and abilities to ease the transition to the next phase of their lives.
A People Company, Staffing the World
Kelly founded the temporary staffing industry in 1946, and has maintained a leadership position through the years based on a valuable premise: we invest in people. Today that focus benefits our customers wherever they operate around the globe - in a growing number of specialized fields. And we’ll continue to meet the evolving challenges of workforce flexibility with staffing solutions tailored to your precise business needs, both locally and worldwide.
Kelly | Hermantown, Minnesota
Kelly | Duluth, Minnesota
Kelly | Superior, Wisconsin
Kelly | Duluth, Minnesota
O'Reilly Automotive | Duluth, Minnesota
Loram Maintenance of Way, Inc. | Duluth, Minnesota
Loram Maintenance of Way, Inc. | Duluth, Minnesota
CVS Health | Superior, Wisconsin
CVS Health | Duluth, Minnesota
Aetna, Inc. | Duluth, Minnesota