About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company headquartered in San Francisco (United States). Wells Fargo has offices in over 30 countries and territories. Our business outside of the U.S. mostly focuses on providing banking services for large corporate, government and financial institution clients. We have worldwide expertise and services to help our customers improve earnings, manage risk, and develop opportunities in the global marketplace. Our global reach offers many opportunities for you to develop a career with Wells Fargo. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Market Job Description
About the Role
Business Risk & Control teams are responsible for partnering with the relevant business or technology groups to identify, assess, manage and mitigate current and emerging risk exposures associated with their activities and operations. Monitors, measures, evaluates, and reports on the impact of decisions and controls to the relevant business group and enterprise function. Consults and provides guidance to business groups on the development, implementation, and monitoring of complex business-specific programs to identify, assess, and mitigate risk. Consults and supports interpretation of policy, guidelines, and governance programs as the front line liaison to Independent Risk Management leaders for moderate to high risk and complexity enterprise risk programs. Provides a high level of risk management acumen to support the business in designing and implementing risk mitigation strategies, business processes and controls that mitigate risks and address regulatory requirements. Develops and implements risk monitoring and risk reporting processes and controls. Monitors and reports on its risk concentration, current and emerging risk, and risk appetite. Aggregates, evaluates, reports on results and escalates where necessary. Designs and executes control effectiveness assurance program for Front Line-owned controls. Leads implementation of initiatives with moderate to high risk. Collaborates internally with business regarding risk management of business-specific risk programs. Interfaces with Independent Risk Management, Audit, Legal, external agencies, and regulatory bodies regarding risk management of business-specific risk programs. May lead project/virtual teams and may mentor but does not manage other team members.
This Officer role supports the CIO team covering Commercial Banking and Corporate & Investment Banking businesses including Payment Solutions, Capital Markets Services, and Strategic Services &
The candidate will work directly with the Corporate Investment Banking, Commercial Banking, Treasury and Payments, Strategic Services, Advance Technology and/or Platform and Architecture. In addition they will partner with Policy Owners, Independent Risk Management, Divisional Operational Risk Management, Technical and ICS Subject Matter Experts and Central Risk Process Owners to ensure appropriate technology controls are in place within CCIBT.
Position responsibilities include:
• Identifying and assessing risk for the targeted Technology Division
• Providing credible challenge on people, process and systems to ensure maximum business results and effective risk mitigation strategies
• Providing high quality risk management deliverables through a matrix staffing model to targeted CCIBT senior leaders and team members
• Partnering with Business Risk and Control team officers, senior associates and applicable central technology controls teams to:
- Perform reviews of new products, solutions, projects and program requirements, evaluating control strength and associated risks
- Review mitigation/remediation plans and providing counsel on mitigation effectiveness and alternative mitigation approaches
- Manage issue, policy exception and risk acceptance portfolio to ensure appropriate and timely risk mitigation inclusive of third and fourth party risk
- Perform gap analysis for policies and/or regulatory requirements
- Conduct root cause analysis on technology incidents to identify weak or non-existing controls and create effective mitigation plans
- Produce effective and actionable management reporting for CIO and ultimately sub-CIO level
- Experience of 12 years overall with a minimum of 10 years relevant experience in a multinational financial institution or similar.
- One or more certifications like CRISC, CISA, CISM, CGEIT, and CISSP.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.
We value the leadership, discipline, and skills you’ve gained through your service to our country and recognize the contributions our veteran team members bring to the table. We’re so committed to hiring and retaining military veterans, veterans with disabilities, National Guard members, and Reservists that we’ve made it our goal is to employ 20,000 veterans by 2020.
As a Wells Fargo team member, you’ll find a work culture that is team-oriented, collaborative, structured, and challenging. We support veterans transitioning from military service with a variety of job options, confidential resources, educational information, and career guidance. You may choose to join our Veteran’s Team Member Network, a group of thousands who share an interest in veterans’ matters, and that promotes greater awareness and job development within the veteran community. To learn more about opportunities at our company, please visit wellsfargojobs.com/military. Let’s talk about turning your military experience into a great civilian career.