Intense Lasers is a electro-optical laser company located in Cedar Knolls, NJ
We are looking for full-time / direct-hire motivated and multi-skilled technicians to join our team in support of our manufacturing group. The desired candidate has a minimum of 3 years industry or field experience to handle the following responsibilities:
· work under the direction of engineering to design, build, troubleshoot and optimize test bench setups, fixtures and production assembly cells.
· work with Engineering to provide direction, training and work instructions to lower level test operators.
· operation, setup and calibration of test instruments such as volt meters, oscilloscopes, power supplies, optical power meters, spectrum analyzers, integrating spheres, TEC controller and current drivers.
· fabricate and assemble opto electro mechanical prototype systems or sub systems.
· gather and review test data and draw conclusions regarding device performance.
· comfortable working in a clean-room and or manufacturing environment.
· self-motivated, hands on, driven, and able to work independently or as part of a team.
· schedule priorities based on monthly production requirements.
· effectively communicate with supervisors and colleagues and report test failures and production numbers.
· assist in creation of test protocols and fixtures/tooling for new and existing products.
· assist with equipment testing schedule to meet shipping dates, and immediately notify management of any production delays that would keep units from shipping on time.
· technically proficient in operation of electronic test equipment and use and fabrication of test benches using oscilloscopes, multi meter, power meters, function generators etc.
· disciplined, mature, desire and willingness to engage, support and productively contribute as part of a team to provide piers, customers and end users with innovative solutions to their problems.
· comfortable with electrical schematics and mechanical drawings.
· familiarity with Robotics and assembly automation is a plus
· highly proficient with hand tools and soldering/ wiring, fabrication skills.
· experienced handling, assembling and soldering parts underneath a microscope.
· driven to work to creatively solve manufacturing and design problems and improve processes of mechanical design and assembly.
· experience working with small hand tools used in electronic assembly and testing
· able to operate small machinery like drill press, lathe, Bridgeport mill is a plus
· Proficient with Excel and Word,
· Familiarity with LabVIEW, Solid Works, AutoCAD and/or Microsoft FoxPro a plus.
· $40-$60k base salary based on experience and enthusiasm.
· Vacation, Sick Time, 401K, and participation in company bonus program.
Headquartered in Cedar Knolls, NJ, Intense Lasers is a leading provider of 532nm - 1550nm high performance laser diodes, VCSELs, complex electro optical modules and turnkey subsystems used within the Defense Industry.
Recognized industry leading partner of Tier 1 Defense OEM's for development, prototyping and high volume production of targeting, illumination, imaging, ranging, fuzing, pumping and countermeasure systems which include:
• High Power Single Mode Laser Sources - Pointing and Illuminating
• High PowerVCSEL Arrays - Illumination and Imaging
• Short pulsed edge emitters for multipurpose - Range Finding
• High Peak Power Short Pulsed Diodes - Proximity Fuzing and Time of Flight
• Pump Diodes for erbium doped "eye safe" DPSS lasers
• Pump Stacks for laser designators and markers
• Laser Initiated Smart Munitions for DOD and Prime Munitions suppliers
Over the past decade Intense has delivered $70MM of Next Generation Defense Systems designed to increase the effectiveness and safety of our U.S. warfighters
Intense Lasers Inc. | Hanover, New Jersey
General Dynamics | Florham Park, New Jersey
Zimmer Biomet | Parsippany, New Jersey
Intense Lasers Inc. | Cedar Knolls, New Jersey
Sonoco | Newark, New Jersey
Parsons Corporation | New York, New York
Bradley-Morris, Inc. | East Brunswick, New Jersey
Kelly | Mahwah, New Jersey
Parsons Corporation | Dover, New Jersey
Zimmer Biomet | Fair Lawn, New Jersey