1. If you are a first time user, please create your candidatelogin account before you apply for a job. (Click Sign In > Create Account)
2. If you already have a Candidate Account, please Sign-In before you apply.
The primary responsibilities include:
•To form part of a critical operations function that is responsible for the monitoring, availability and performance of production services.
•Responding to stakeholder requests within agreed timescales or SLO
•Drive automation to reduce failures, manual tasks and therefore improving overall application performance and availability.
•Perform systems administration activities to ensure the smooth operation of applications across multiple platforms
•Coordinate and communicate with impacted stakeholders as per incident management process.
•Demonstrate ownership of events and incidents through to restoration
•Perform daily shift handovers to peers and management across multiple geographies.
•Support maintenance activities which impact production applications.
•Support critical systems that handle sensitive and proprietary data
•Create, maintain and update work instructions for troubleshooting and supporting applications.
•Contribute to the planning of application/infrastructure releases and configuration changes
•Provide input to administering and maintaining all production environments
•Patching and upgrade of existing applications
•Provide feedback and coaching to upstream teams (both internal and vendors) to reduce escalations and to continually improve overall experience for customers.
Professional Experience Required
- A degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Science or related fields with related experience preferred
- 3+ years of experience administering Linux systems
- Strong hands-on experience of variants of linux distros
- Familiarity or experience of working with Amazon Web Services or Google Cloud Platform
- Familiarity with deployment tools such as Ansible Tower and Jenkins
- Experience in carrying out large deployments to global infrastructure
- Proficient with orchestration/configuration tools such as Ansible, Terraform and Puppet.
- Strong working knowledge of networking, packet tracing, understanding latency and throughput in order to pinpoint or resolve application issues.
- Thorough knowledge of HTTP(S), SMTP, TLS/SSL, DNS and LDAP
- Experience of system/application administration in a distributed, customer-facing, high-availability and large-scale environments
- Experienced and confident in at least one scripting language such as Perl, shell, Ruby or Python.
- Experience with monitoring systems
Personal Experience Required
- A strong team player with the ability to grasp new technologies, adapt to change in methodologies, with a focus on delivery
- Extensive troubleshooting and problem-solving skills with respect to application technologies
- Ability to remain calm and work well under pressure
- A keen interest and desire to work within the security arena
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels up to senior management.
This role will need to participate in weekends and holidays on-call support as and when required.
Broadcom is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability status, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. We will also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records consistent with local law.
If you are located outside USA, please be sure to fill out a home address as this will be used for future correspondence.
Broadcom Inc. is a global infrastructure technology leader built on 50 years of innovation, collaboration and engineering excellence. With roots based in the rich technical heritage of AT&T/Bell Labs, Lucent and Hewlett-Packard/Agilent, Broadcom focuses on technologies that connect our world. Through the combination of industry leaders Broadcom, LSI, Broadcom Corporation, Brocade, CA Technologies and Symantec, the company has the size, scope and engineering talent to lead the industry into the future.
Broadcom Corporation | Bristol,
Arrow Electronics | Bristol,
Eaton | Mitcheldean,
KBR | ,
Eaton | Mitcheldean,
G4S Secure Solutions (USA) | Bridgwater,
G4S Secure Solutions (USA) | Bristol,
KBR | ,
G4S Secure Solutions (USA) | ,