DFAC Supervisor - Military Veterans
This position description is subject to change at any time as needed to meet the requirements of the program or company.
Dining Facility Supervisor is responsible for the day-to-day food service operation. DFAC Supervisors will food service operations to include preparation and service of food, sanitation, housekeeping, maintenance and repair and special events in accordance with the performance work statement.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
- The Dining Facility Supervisor shall be responsible for the issuance of daily work instructions, menu preparation, stores movement, preventative maintenance, quality, customer satisfaction and personnel and subcontractor safety and supervision.
- Responsible for communicating and upholding company standards, leading by example, working as a team to provide professional food services.
- Shall assist the DFAC Manager as required and lead operations in absence of the DFAC Manager. Food service operation services are 24/7/365 to include: DFAC management, cooking, food preparation, baking, serving, replenishing food, and providing support to storeroom operations.
- Ensure customer flow rate corresponds with the serving line flow rate.
- Shall conduct all food handling, storage, receiving and transferring of subsistence in strict accordance with the applicable Tri-Service Food Code and keep records of all food received and stored as required, verifying proper handling and storage procedures are used.
- Shall ensure proper posting of the daily/weekly menus.
- Manage subcontractor performance with food preparation, food serving, cashier operations, cleanliness of the dining areas, serving lines, kitchens, temperature danger zones, dishwashing area and storage areas IAW with PWS and SOPs.
- Maintain all equipment accountability and serviceability and turn-in and ordering of stockage levels.
- Ensure that all employees are always in compliance with all established Safety Policies and Regulations.
- Direct and ensure that HACCP procedures are followed.
- Responsible for monitoring other country nationals in accordance with AFCENT Instruction (AFCENT-I) 32-1002.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe, clean, sanitary, healthy, presentable, professional atmosphere, free of dust, clutter and trash in all working facilities and areas.
- Responsible for ensuring precise execution of company time reporting procedures and accurate completion of timesheet.
- Performs other duties and assignments as required.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this classification. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees to perform this job.
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
Daily use of computer, associated office software, phone. Kitchen equipment and tools.
Work in dining hall, serving lines and in kitchen. Working environment will change between environmentally controlled office and
storage activities exposed to outside environment. Overtime and shift work may be required depending on contractual needs.
Employee must comply with all Federal, State and Local regulations and published Company work rules as well as written
instructions. Task specific work environment training will be provided as required. Must be prepared to function in a wartime
environment to support U. S. interests. 100% Overseas Assignment.
Physical requirements may include lifting to 35lb, team lifting to 50lbs, climbing, extended sitting, or standing, stooping, stretching, and bending.
Education/Certifications: One-year related experience may be substituted for one year of education if degree is required.
Must have a High School diploma or equivalent, Associate Degree preferred.
Must have and maintain a current Serve-Safe certification certificate (Within 3 years).
Must have a current, valid U. S. Passport and U. S. CDL A Driver’s License.
Must have and maintain a valid U. S. SECRET or Interim Secret Security Clearance prior to deployment.
Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English fluently.
Must be able to pass MOD13 employment and deployment qualification requirements that include psychological, medical, dental, drug testing, background checks, etc.
A minimum of 3 years of experience in commercial or military food service within the past 5 years, with one 1 year of experience working in a large food service operation, cafeteria style or multi-entrée menu service, performing facility attendant service and at least 1 year of supervisory experience.
Must be proficient in Tri-Service Food Code, Food Safety Program AFI 34-239, AFMAN 34-240, Food Service Program Management Armed Forces Recipe System, inventory control, HACCP, and the U.S Department of Health and Human Services Food Code standards.
Thorough understanding of quality customer food service and preparation of nutritional meals.
Must be able to work under pressure.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
Vectrus is a leading global government services company with a history in the services market that dates back more than 70 years. The company provides facility and base operations; supply chain and logistics services; information technology mission support; and engineering and digital integration services to U.S. government customers around the world. Vectrus is differentiated by operational excellence, superior program performance, a history of long-term customer relationships and a strong commitment to their customers' mission success. Vectrus is headquartered in Colorado Springs, CO, and includes about 6,700 employees spanning 129 locations in 22 countries. In 2018, Vectrus generated sales of $1.3 billion. To learn about career opportunities at Vectrus, visit www.vectrus.com/careers.