Purpose and Scope:
Responsible for inspecting and performing depot level maintenance/modification on contract units and sub-systems. Incumbent receives technical guidance as required from supervisor.
- Maintains, repairs and modifies aircraft engine components of moderate difficulty.
- Maintains and repairs aircraft components including but not limited to engines, hydraulics, pneumatics, fuel systems and mechanical components.
- Applies technical knowledge of airframe and power plant systems in determining equipment malfunctions and applies required expertise in restoring equipment condition and or operation.
- Applies comprehensive technical expertise to solve moderate to complex problems by interpreting technical documentation such as blueprints or manufacturer manuals.
- Requires working knowledge of technical publications.
- May be required to make entries in component logs and records in hard copy or in a computer.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Work Environment, Physical Demands, and Mental Demands:
Work is performed in a shop environment that is moderately lighted, heated and ventilated, is exposed to disagreeable fumes and to cuts and bruises from using tools in close proximity and hazards of moving vehicles such as forklifts and sweepers in shop area which therefore requires the use of PPE as needed. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and work in tiring and uncomfortable positions. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance, and taste or smell. Frequently lifts items weighing 35 pounds. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts, extreme heat, and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions; extreme cold; and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is occasionally loud. Encountering nonstandard operations or environmental factors that may involve unmitigated hazards requires employee to get supervisor approval before tasks are performed.
Safety - Amentum enforces a safety culture whereby all employees have the responsibility for continuously developing and maintaining a safe work environment. As appropriate, each employee is responsible for completing all training requirements and fulfilling all safety responsibilities, participating in emergency response tasks and serving on safety committees and teams.
Quality - Quality is the foundation for the management of our business and the keystone to our goal of customer satisfaction. It is our policy to consistently provide services that meet customer expectations. Accordingly, each employee must conform to the Amentum Quality Policy and carry out job activities in compliance with applicable Amentum Quality System documents and customer contracts. Each employee must read and understand his/her Quality Management and Customer Satisfaction responsibilities.
Procedure Compliance - Each employee must read, understand and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures and policies pertaining to his/her job
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Three (3) years actual and recent aircraft, vehicle or missile, or related weapon system experience desired; three (3) years required.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must have a valid motor vehicle driver's license.
- Must be eligible for and obtain a (CAC) Common Access Card issued by the United States Army.
- Must be computer literate; the ability to operate and use a computer to enter work details, pass downs, measurements, and various other inputs is required.
- Must have basic knowledge of (TMDE) test, measurement and diagnostic equipment including tools such as torque wrenches, dial indicators and micrometers.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of mechanical component troubleshooting, repair procedures and replacement of parts.
- Must have knowledge of the scope and limitation of various categories of maintenance and their application to the contract unit.
- Must be able to prioritize workload to maintain schedules on assigned projects.
- Must know theory and principles of engine operations; accessories and components; pneudraulic; and mechanical principles.
- Must be able to read, interpret and use manufacturer's maintenance manuals, service bulletins, blueprints, schematic diagrams, data tables and other specifications to determine feasibility and method to repair or replace malfunctioning or damaged components.
Amentum brings industry-best expertise, processes, and technology to ensure the availability and reliability of our Government and commercial clients’ vital facilities and equipment. We apply our culture of excellence to operate, maintain, and manage your global assets and complex supply chains to meet modern challenges at home and abroad. You get the confidence that comes from a partner with on a century-long heritage of unrelenting dedication to our clients’ missions across the DoD, civilian agencies, and the IC.
Our leading technologies and repeatable processes are delivered by experts with a record of optimizing the quality and cost-effectiveness of support. Using tools such as our Facility Asset Management & Operations Services (FAMOS™) model, we integrate diverse operational elements into a single, unified approach providing control and visibility. This allows us to increase operational readiness and extend the life of critical facilities and equipment.
Amentum’s skilled workforce lives with outcomes rather than just works on them. Our employees hold the most sought-after certifications in the industry, including Program Management Professional (PMP), IT/Cyber, ITIL, and Professional Scrum Master (PSM). Our teams who maintain and modify vehicles, aircraft, and weapons systems work within disciplined environments certified to AS9001D, ISO 9001:2015, AS9110B, and AS9100C standards.
Whether it’s managing facilities supporting the IC’s classified missions, operating UAVs that protect our soldiers, or maintaining military equipment at remote bases abroad, Amentum has the experience, passion, and commitment to meet your critical needs.
- Equipment O&M/Asset Management
- Facility O&M and Range Support
- Global Logistics/Supply Chain Management
- IT/Network Support
- Satellite Communications
- Unmanned Systems
Amentum | Corp Christi, Texas
Amentum | Corp Christi, Texas
AutoNation | Corpus Christi, Texas
Airgas, an Air Liquide Company | Corpus Christi, Texas
Pep Boys | Corp Christi, Texas
HCA Human Resources, LLC | Corpus Christi, Texas
Transportation Security Administration (TSA) | Corpus Christi, Texas
Holt CAT | Corpus Christi, Texas
Holt CAT | Corpus Christi, Texas
Texas Army National Guard | Corpus Christi, Texas