What you will do
Inspectors are responsible for conducting routine inspections, testing, service, and preventative maintenance on Electrical, Sprinkler or Suppression life safety product lines as well as similar competitive manufacturers’ product lines. You will work with low voltage wiring and associated devices for the operation of low voltage equipment.
How you will do it
You will complete Service Acknowledgements with proper coding through communication devices such as laptop computers and/or hard copy. You will be expected to follow and maintain a highly structured inspection schedule as well as input, retrieve, and archive inspection documents via laptop computer or other electronic devices. You will also make minor repairs and programming changes with minimal supervision. As a member of this team, you will provide technical training to less senior inspectors and trainees.
What we look for
- 1-2 years’ experience in low voltage electrical systems, fire sprinkler systems, or in an equivalent industry.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and driving record that meets company requirements.
- Experience with hand tools and multi-meter usage.
- Capable of performing physical labor to include carrying and moving equipment and tools up to 50-70 lbs.
- Able to work in unusual and sometimes difficult position such as climbing ladders, scaffolding and high lift equipment up to 40 feet, working within ducts, crawl spaces, and above ceilings.
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends to meet customer requirements.
- Willing to travel out of town including overnight lodging.
- Demonstrate a high level of customer service.
- Ability to work well with others. Self-starter that can work with little to no supervision.
- Ability to adhere to, implement, and follow safety guidelines and procedures at all times.
- Strong organizational skills, positive attitude, and an ability to learn quickly.
- Able to pass a pre-employment background and drug test.
- Able to obtain and retain any licenses that are required by National, State and Local codes.
- Successful completion of the Inspector Entrée Course (Electrical or Sprinkler).
- Demonstrates an aptitude for troubleshooting systems and performing necessary repairs.
- Experience in reading and interpreting blueprints, diagrams, submittals, specifications, programs Schematics and operational/product manuals.
Johnson Controls International plc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/careers.
A GLOBAL LEADER
The future is being built today, and Johnson Controls is making that future more productive, more secure and more sustainable. We create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. At its core, that promise is about delivering innovation that make people’s lives – and the world – better.
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms.
Explore our site to learn how our innovative solutions are driving the future of urban efficiency.
PepsiCo | Ventura, California
Kelly | Thousand Oaks, California
Northrop Grumman | Port Hueneme, California
HCA Human Resources, LLC | Thousand Oaks, California
General Dynamics | Naval Air Station Point Mugu, California
Alion Science and Technology | Port Hueneme, California
Oasis Systems, LLC | Ventura, California
KBR | Camarillo, California
Eaton | Camarillo, California
CBRE | Oxnard, California