Amentum is seeking a mid-level General Maintenance Technician to join our pharmaceutical maintenance team in New Haven, CT!
This position supports the daily functions within our maintenance department; primarily performing routine preventive maintenance (PMs) and basic repair of facility equipment. This equipment includes but is not limited to: Internal building structure (walls, doors, ceiling, and floors), eye wash stations, re-lamping of internal and external light fixtures; and electrical systems where a trade license is required.
- Analyze equipment failures. Inspect, replace, alter and maintain in good repair all building services and related equipment.
- Conduct preventive maintenance inspections and perform required preventative maintenance actions such as lubrication, cleaning, filter changes, etc.
- Knowledgeable of repair, pumps and motors, etc.
- Knowledgeable of air handlers, exhaust fans, pumps and motors.
- Troubleshoot and repair of electrical systems including interior and exterior lighting systems, medium voltage electrical panels and VFD's (variable-frequency drive)
- Perform plumbing repairs where a trade license is not required.
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical issues where a trade license is required.
- Inspect and perform basic repairs to roofing.
- Perform office furniture, window, door and hardware repairs.
- Repair floor and wall coverings.
- Assemble and installs shelving and cabinets.
- Maintain facility structures, walkways and roadways.
- Perform preventive maintenance as scheduled in the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Provide service and feedback to the customer on all work orders while assuring compliance to codes, regulations and industry standards.
- High school diploma or demonstrated equivalent.
- Five years of experience diagnosing, troubleshooting and repairing facility mechanical systems and equipment, such as pumps, motors, gearboxes, supply and exhaust fans, power transmission components, overhead and service doors, etc.
- E2 journeyman license in CT
- Valid Driver's License
- Must be able to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
- Experience working in an industrial, pharmaceutical, or research and development environment.
- Experience patching wall paper, replacing carpet tiles, patching concrete, and repairing related flooring materials.
- Aerial lift experience and training.
Amentum brings industry-best expertise, processes, and technology to ensure the availability and reliability of our Government and commercial clients’ vital facilities and equipment. We apply our culture of excellence to operate, maintain, and manage your global assets and complex supply chains to meet modern challenges at home and abroad. You get the confidence that comes from a partner with on a century-long heritage of unrelenting dedication to our clients’ missions across the DoD, civilian agencies, and the IC.
Our leading technologies and repeatable processes are delivered by experts with a record of optimizing the quality and cost-effectiveness of support. Using tools such as our Facility Asset Management & Operations Services (FAMOS™) model, we integrate diverse operational elements into a single, unified approach providing control and visibility. This allows us to increase operational readiness and extend the life of critical facilities and equipment.
Amentum’s skilled workforce lives with outcomes rather than just works on them. Our employees hold the most sought-after certifications in the industry, including Program Management Professional (PMP), IT/Cyber, ITIL, and Professional Scrum Master (PSM). Our teams who maintain and modify vehicles, aircraft, and weapons systems work within disciplined environments certified to AS9001D, ISO 9001:2015, AS9110B, and AS9100C standards.
Whether it’s managing facilities supporting the IC’s classified missions, operating UAVs that protect our soldiers, or maintaining military equipment at remote bases abroad, Amentum has the experience, passion, and commitment to meet your critical needs.
- Equipment O&M/Asset Management
- Facility O&M and Range Support
- Global Logistics/Supply Chain Management
- IT/Network Support
- Satellite Communications
- Unmanned Systems
Covanta Energy | Bristol, Connecticut
Cushman & Wakefield and C&W Services | Farmington, Connecticut
HERC - Metro New York & Southern Connecticut | Stony Brook, New York
Bradley-Morris, Inc. | North Haven, Connecticut
Cushman & Wakefield and C&W Services | Milford, Connecticut
Harsco Corporation | Plainville, Connecticut
Covanta Energy | Bristol, Connecticut
Penske Truck Leasing | West Haven, Connecticut
Penske Truck Leasing | Waterbury, Connecticut
Ryder System Inc. | Bridgeport, Connecticut