Driving Infinite Possibilities Within A Diversified, Global Organization
Senior HR Generalist
Location: Kuopio or Varkaus
Contract type: permanent full time
The future is what we make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future. That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
We have an opportunity for a Senior HR Generalist to join our team in the Kuopio region.
Providing high quality Human Resources generalist support to the organisations based in Finland, this HR Generalist will work closely with local business leaders, HR leaders, and Centres of Excellence, (COE’s in supporting the businesses and driving the HR agenda. This role will be part of the Northern Europe Region HR team and will involve cross business/region responsibilities and/or projects.
· Counsel and coach management and employees on performance and employee relations related matters. Create a performance culture - coach leaders on talent management, performance differentiation and link rewards and recognition to raise the performance bar.
· Anticipate and identify ongoing and future business capability needs and directs the development of skills to support business requirements through staffing, talent development, organization design, performance management, and succession planning processes.
· Leads organisational development activities, such as restructuring and transitioning projects, ensuring adherence to employment law, information and consultation principles and good practice.
· Works with the Human Resources COE’s to deliver compensation, organizational development, workforce planning, deployment, and retention services and strategies to address the current and future needs of the business while ensuring a diverse and global workforce.
· Drives and deploys Honeywell HR procedures and policies and compliance with all employment laws and regulations.
· Manages employee/labour relations and legal issues, and serves as the investigative resource, coordinating with employment lawyer on all related issues.
· Drive and deploy procedures and policies in all areas involving HR systems.
· Anticipate, plan and execute HR activities in context of broader business decisions.
· Have a deep understanding of the businesses and their processes in designated region and possess business acumen.
· Demonstrate current knowledge of contemporary trends in HR.
· Understand and embrace use of technology and data to improve HR processes
· Ensure that HR technology tools are used effectively and that HR data standards are enforced.
· Understand the business culture and employee mindset to assist leadership in balanced decision making.
· Implement employee engagement strategies for business cluster.
· Demonstrate awareness of external labour environment, climate and activity.
• Graduate or equivalent, HR qualification preferred
• 5-7 years strong HR generalist experience
• Deep Employee/Labour Relations experience
• Experience of working in a large multi-national, matrix organisation
• Excellent Finnish and English speaker
• Excellent PC skills
Confident – can quickly establish credibility with key stakeholders
Effective communicator – at all levels within the organisation, adjusting style to suit audience and situation
Comfortable working in a standalone position, this position is the only HR person located in country
Challenging mindset – not accept status quo
Change agent – will champion change
Resilient – will rise up from knocks
Persistent – will maintain a drive for change if it’s the right thing to do
If this is your dream role, then we'd love to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
- JOB ID: req251412
- Category: Human Resources
- Location: Viestikatu 1-3,Kuopio,70600,Finland