Senior Systems Engineer – Automation and Orchestration - Military Veterans
Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
The Senior Systems Engineer – Automation and Orchestration supports the Information Technology (IT) Architecture and Engineering (A&E) team by providing a combination of software and system engineering (SE) knowledge, skills, abilities, standards and best practices to implement modern and Next Generation (NexGen) IT solutions leveraging a wide array of vendors and technologies across the full stack: physical, networking, storage, virtualization, servers, applications, and services. The Senior Systems Engineer will primarily be responsible for serving as the A&E team’s Microsoft PowerShell Subject Matter Expert (SME) – leveraging technical knowledge and experience using PowerShell specifically to overcome unique IT challenges.
The Senior Systems Engineer will focus on identifying, assessing, and developing Microsoft PowerShell based solutions to help address IT business and mission use cases across a variety of vendor platforms, as well as in-house custom software obsolescence issues with legacy code and scripts, with an end-goal to help reduce the human responsibility and subsequent human error factor, of related tasks and actions through scripting, automation, and orchestration.
The Senior Systems Engineer will also leverage advance Microsoft PowerShell features and concepts to further enhance and improve existing and new enterprise-grade IT solutions through the introduction of Infrastructure as Code (IAC), Configuration as Code (CAC), scripted deployments and installations, and Desired State Configurations (DSCs). They will also be responsible for implementing and testing Microsoft Just Enough Administration (JEA) setups within the multiple enterprise environments to further improve Least Privilege and Role Based Access Control (RBAC) information security (INFOSEC) efforts.
- Shall have 5 or more years of personal hands-on experience with the end-to-end development of coded/scripted solutions using modern scripting languages (PowerShell, Python, etc.) for the implementation, configuration, automation, orchestration, and/or maintenance of enterprise-grade technologies (i.e., systems, applications, and services) deployed across a multi-platform (Windows, *nix, etc.) information system.
- Shall have 5 or more years of hands-on experience with Microsoft Windows based operating systems (OS), Services (Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, etc.), and Applications (Exchange, IIS, SharePoint, SQL Server, etc.) working in production enterprise environments.
- Shall have 3 or more years of experience actively programming in Microsoft PowerShell to include the code design and writing, testing, troubleshooting, code optimization, code deployment, code improvements, and documentation.
- Shall have 3 or more years of experience in understanding, recognizing, and incorporating PowerShell code development best practices with personally written products to include the areas of code generation, requires, commentary, code level, logging, error handling and checking, and reporting and notifications.
- Shall have 3 or more years of experience designing, engineering, implementing, and maintaining solutions in secure processing environments which must adhere to U.S. Government Information Assurance and Security standards such as the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs).
- Demonstrated experience in capturing, analyzing, and decomposing stakeholder and/or product requirements in order to generate design solutions that will be implemented, tested, and eventually transitioned to the operational environment that acknowledge technical, compliance, schedule, and cost constraint.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an Accredited University.
- Shall possess GIAC Security Essentials (GSEC) or Security+ Continuing Education (CE) or Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP) to meet the minimum credential requirements for Cyber IT/Cybersecurity Workforce (CSWF) as outlined in SECNAV M-5239.2.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and contact information.
ManTech was founded in 1968 to provide advanced technological services to the United States government. We began with a single contract with the U.S. Navy to develop war-gaming models for the submarine community. Over the years, our government's technology needs have increased dramatically in scope and sophistication, and we have grown to meet that challenge.
For more than 4 decades, we kept a careful eye on where emerging technologies were taking the government, and we developed the resources to master those technologies—by staying close to our customers and anticipating their needs, hiring talented professionals to propel us into the future, and acquiring companies with proven capabilities.
Today, we are a multi-billion-dollar public company that provides the innovation, adaptability, and critical thinking our government needs for success in defense, intelligence, law enforcement, science, administration, health, and other fields—throughout the nation and in many countries throughout the world. We are now applying the lessons learned in the unforgiving arena of national security to help the private sector protect networks and critical information.