Named to Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work for in America list four times, recognized as a Military Friendly Employer by VIQTORY, and with a people first philosophy rooted in The Golden Rule, Worthington Industries is dedicated to providing a safe, rewarding and fun environment for all! Worthington has immediate openings, provides on the job training, and has benefits starting day one! Apply today to make your mark with Worthington Industries!
Worthington Industries is a global metals manufacturer serving growing end markets including automotive, construction, energy, agriculture, alternative fuel and many other markets. If you aren't familiar with Worthington, you're likely familiar with what we produce. Here in Cleveland, we process steel for a variety of customers; mainly working with automotive suppliers. Fun fact – Worthington is the largest purchaser of flat rolled steel behind the automakers and our steel can be found in over 50% of US cars! Sounds cool, right? It gets better. We put our people first and operate under the guiding principle of the Golden Rule- treating others the way we want to be treated.
If you’re still wondering why you should join our team, here’s a quick list of reasons:
- Starting pay $16-$19 based upon experience plus shift differential!
- Performance-based pay increases.
- Paid time off
- On the job training - no manufacturing experience is required.
- Access to our comprehensive benefits package on day 1.
- Quarterly profit-sharing program; your hard work pays off!
- $150 annual boot allowance
- Need a haircut? We’ve got a barbershop on-site.
- Want to get a quick work-out in? We’ve got an on-site fitness center and gym.
- Our pay is competitive; overtime is paid at time and a half, and we pay double time after 48 hours.
The primary role for the Material Handler is moving material around the plant or work site with a forklift and/or crane in order for production to run smoothly. In addition, this role may package/band, weigh, and load/unload material from machines and stage material in a timely and accurate manner. This Material Handler is responsible for building arbors and setting up machines for use as well as performing multiple tasks throughout the day to ensure safe and quality production. This position requires a self-starter with a strong work ethic and a desire to perform the duties to the highest standard. The candidate selected for this role will train on days (7a - 3p) for the first 90-days. After training is completed the employee will then move to an off-shift. This would either be a 3p-11p schedule or an 11p-7a schedule.
- Moves material around plant using a forklift and/or crane for producing, finishing, packaging, or shipping the customer product.
- Moves and stages material as scheduled for optimum machine efficiency.
- Provides machine support by emptying scrap tubs and ensuring lines are cleared of finished product.
- Packages finished product for shipment.
- Follows bill of material in order to match product with proper packaging and skidding.
- Performs miscellaneous tasks throughout plant to ensure safe, efficient and quality production of materials.
- May perform housekeeping duties within the plant when necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Basic math & reading skills
- Possess good problem solving skills and knowledge of safety practices
- Possess a high level of personal accountability and attention to detail
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must pass pre-employment drug test and background check
- Must have flexibility to work off shifts
We are dedicated to the belief that people are our most important asset. In filling job openings every effort is expended to find candidates within Worthington, its divisions or subsidiaries. Employee development, opportunity to grow and continuing to evolve both as an employee and as a company are instrumental to our success. We encourage employees to inquire about open positions and apply to those that help further their career goals.
Worthington Industries Inc., and its subsidiaries, is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, disability or veteran’s status.
How we are protecting employees from COVID-19
At Worthington Industries, we believe that our employees are our most important asset. As such, employee health and safety is our top priority. We have implemented a variety of processes and precautions in order to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in all of our facilities. This includes, but is not limited to: regular cleaning and santization, requiring and providing face coverings, installing hand sanitizer stations, and staggered shift times.
In 1955, a young steel salesman named John McConnell saw an opportunity for custom-processed steel—and he dove right in. He purchased his first load of steel by borrowing $600 against his 1952 Oldsmobile, and then used that money to start Worthington Industries in Columbus, Ohio.
In his first year of business, McConnell grossed $342,000; his profit was $11,000. Throughout the late 1950s and 1960s, he continued to add processing facilities. In 1966, he started sharing his profits with the people he worked with. At the same time, all production workers were put on a salary rather than an hourly schedule. In 1968, Worthington Industries made its first public stock offering of 150,000 shares at $7.50 per share.
In 1976, after only 21 years in business, we celebrated $100 million in sales. Throughout the 1980s, business continued to expand rapidly.
In 1996, John McConnell’s son, also named John, took over as chairman and CEO. He had worked for the company more than 20 years; he started as a general laborer and later advanced to sales, operations and personnel.
During the 1990s, many of our non-core businesses were sold so we could focus on our core strengths: steel processing and metals-related businesses. In 2000, we moved to the New York Stock Exchange.
We continue to lead the diversified metal manufacturing industry with a focus on the Golden Rule, valued employees, stability and innovation.
Worthington Industries, Inc. | Twinsburg, Ohio
Worthington Industries, Inc. | Cleveland, Ohio
Worthington Industries, Inc. | Cuyahoga Heights, Ohio
Alro Steel Corporation | Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Kelly | Hudson, Ohio
Saber Health Group | Walton Hills, Ohio
Kelly | Cleveland, Ohio
Saber Health Group | Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Alro Steel Corporation | Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Kelly | Brooklyn Heights, Ohio