NYU Langone Health
NYU Langone Orthopedic Hospital at NYU Langone Health is one of the nation's leading orthopedic and rheumatologic, specialty hospitals dedicated to the prevention and treatment of musculoskeletal diseases. The hospital provides some of the most advanced orthopedic programs in the region for musculoskeletal disorders and the largest pediatric orthopedic program in New York City. The hospital is consistently ranked among the leading orthopedic centers nationwide by U.S. News and World Report. Our expert physicians combine extensive experience and research with the latest technology for bone and joint problems that affect patient's ability to function. We specialize in the following areas: Orthopedic Surgery, Rheumatology, Neurology, and Radiology. Learn more about NYU Langone Orthopedic Hospital, and interact with us on LinkedIn, Glassdoor, Indeed, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Housekeeping Worker.
In this role, the successful candidate is responsible for the maintenance of an approved level of cleanliness and sanitary conditions of the areas assigned within the Medical Center.
- Maintains established safety and infection control guidelines. Follows established departmental safety guidelines when using equipment and moving furniture; utilizes proper body mechanics. Requests assistance when lifting or moving items too large or too heavy. Wears gloves at all times and follows established infection control procedures. Washes hands frequently (Infection Control Guidelines), prevents cross contamination. Advises supervisor of any hazardous conditions in the area. Posts appropriate wet floor signs and takes other actions to prevent accidents caused by wet floor as designated by departmental policy.
- Mops hard floor surfaces with the appropriate germicidal/bleach solution, clean water and mop head; move all necessary items to make floor lint/dirt free; Vacuums all carpeted area thoroughly; moves all items necessary to vacuum entire carpeted area. Polishes floors using burnishing machines; uses proper burnishing solution and buffing pads. Moves all necessary items to burnish entire floor; ensures that floor has a shine after buffing with Burnisher. Removes as many marks from floor as possible and sweeps floor after burnishing. Washes all beds from discharges and places clean linen on beds neatly. Sets up discharge rooms for admission according to specifications. Should be proficient in operating the computer Bed Tracking System for receiving discharges to be cleaned and reporting completed discharges. Should be knowledgeable in the Bed Tracking program. Performs 7-Cleaning Steps for each patient room daily and provides discharge cleaning as required. Specifically, performs dusting, spot wall washing, damp wiping of environmental surfaces using bleach and/or hospital approved disinfectant cleaner. Sweeps & mops floor, disinfects bathrooms and restocks supplies. Empties and re-lines trash containers. Removes finger marks from walls, doors and any other surface. Performs high dusting as scheduled/required. Uses germicidal cleaner for disinfecting all items in toilets. Knowledge in hospital safety, specifically RACE, PASS, chemical and trash safety, MSDS interpretation. Picks up and disinfects with appropriate solution area soiled by blood, body fluids including feces on any surface.
- Sweeps, mops, vacuums, collects trash, polishes floors using buffing/burnishing machines, performs high dusting, spot washes and doors as needed, removes marks, cleans and makes beds, washes toilets, cleans furniture, empties trash receptacles, cleans Venetian blinds, radiators, railings, stairways, lights, vents, doors, door frames and cleans picture frames. Washes porters closets, equipment, and replenishes cleaning supplies. Uses telephone for Bed Tracking. Consistently maintains adequate supplies throughout daily work day. Typically is in control of all tools and equipment needed to perform daily tasks. Performs a complete and thorough cleaning of area assigned (as per work assignment/schedule) in accordance with departmental procedures and Supervisors instructions. Empties trash receptacles and disposes of trash properly, washes (interior/exterior) if necessary, and replace clean poly-liners as required. Sweeps hard floor surfaces with sweeping tools, moves all necessary items to make floor lint/dirt-free; uses clean dust mops.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the organizations Service Standards and incorporates them into the performance of duties.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Must be able to communicate and understand simple directions in English. Must be able to read MSDS & chemical labels.
1-2 years experience cleaning in a Health Care environment preferred but not required.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Orthopedic Hospital at NYU Langone Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view the NYU Langone Orthopedic Hospital at NYU Langone Health's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal "EEO is the law" poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.
NYU Langone Health, a world-class, patient-centered, integrated academic medical center, is one of the nation’s premier centers for excellence in clinical care, biomedical research, and medical education. Located in the heart of Manhattan, NYU Langone is composed of five hospitals—Tisch Hospital, its flagship acute care facility; Rusk Rehabilitation; the Hospital for Joint Diseases, the Medical Center’s dedicated inpatient orthopaedic hospital; NYU Lutheran Medical Center, a full-service, 450-bed teaching hospital located in Brooklyn, and Hassenfeld Children’s Hospital, a comprehensive pediatric hospital supporting a full array of children’s health services across the Medical Center. Also, part of NYU Langone is NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history, and the Laura and Isaac Perlmutter Cancer Center, a National Cancer Institute–designated cancer center. The Medical Center’s trifold mission to serve, teach, and discover is achieved 365 days a year through the seamless integration of a culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education, and research.