Fuel Distribution Sys Mechanic - Military Veterans
The Fuels Distribution System Mechanic (FDSM) is responsible for performing preventative and operator maintenance, repair and inspection to maintain all fuel distribution systems and equipment IAW all applicable federal, local, and international laws, regulations, Navy Instruction, Technical Orders and policy directives. Works with FSC Controllers, Fuel Expediters, Fuel Specialists, and Fuel Hydrant System Operators to provide safe, efficient, accurate and environmentally responsible services and products.
- Responsible for performing preventative and operator maintenance, repair and inspection to maintain all fuel distribution systems and equipment. Services provided on a 24/7 basis.
- Shall maintain, inspect, repair, troubleshoot, and modify the petroleum, oil and lubricant systems.
- Shall respond to trouble calls following the prioritization guidelines.
- Shall use automated management system to facilitate the planning and scheduling of preventative/recurring and corrective maintenance and repair; track services; costs; record work performance detail and provide for fixed and flexible reporting of order statistics.
- Shall be responsible for exterior facility grounds and snow maintenance.
- Responsible for proper utilization and safeguarding of all property provided for contractor use (e.g., to include government facilities, equipment and tools).
- Ensure facilities are clean, free from debris, pests and fire hazards.
- Shall comply with all safety rules, regulations, and laws IAW current OSHSA, government, installation and local agency standards.
- Performs internal quality control checks and self-performance audits.
- Responsible for precise execution of company time reporting procedures and accurate completion of timesheet.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Education/Certifications: One year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
- High school diploma or equivalent, related Vocational or Associate’s degree preferred.
- Current, valid U. S. Passport and U. S. Driver’s License and ability to drive a standard transmission vehicle.
- Must be capable of obtaining a flight line driver’s license.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English fluently.
- A minimum of five years of experience in maintaining bulk fuel storage and distribution systems and equipment.
- Must have experience in functions such as installation, maintenance, and repair of liquid fuel systems and components.
- Shall have knowledge of principles of hydraulic, electrical, and mechanical theory and principles that apply to liquid fuel systems, physiological effects, characteristics, and hazards of liquid fuel products, and use and interpretation of wiring and schematic diagrams, blue prints, and environmental regulations for fuels and hazardous materials.
- Must be skilled with Microsoft programs such as Excel, Word, and Power Point.
- Able and willing to work periods of long hours to meet mission requirements
- Military experience in a contingency environment and knowledge and experience working with government contracts preferred.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
Vectrus is a leading global government services company with a history in the services market that dates back more than 70 years. The company provides facility and base operations; supply chain and logistics services; information technology mission support; and engineering and digital integration services to U.S. government customers around the world. Vectrus is differentiated by operational excellence, superior program performance, a history of long-term customer relationships and a strong commitment to their customers' mission success. Vectrus is headquartered in Colorado Springs, CO, and includes about 6,700 employees spanning 129 locations in 22 countries. In 2018, Vectrus generated sales of $1.3 billion. To learn about career opportunities at Vectrus, visit www.vectrus.com/careers.