Environment and Land Manager - Military Veterans
The Environmental and Land Manager is responsible for optimizing designated company land assets by improving land management performance and processes, along with optimization and implementation of environment- related processes and compliance assurance programs in the assigned area. This includes the implementation and ongoing improvement of environmental policies in the area, consistent with LafargeHolcim priorities and policies as well as compliance to relevant regulation. Also provides key leadership in the development and execution of community.
- Manage and carry out land management practices and processes for a designated area including land acquisition, agreement negotiation and management, land divestment, permitting and zoning, and others.
- Ensure that all required reports are submitted and ensure that necessary data is gathered in a timely and effective manner by operations.
- Develop and maintain stakeholder relationships at all key facilities.
- Prepare environmental documentation for approval and license/permit applications for new or existing operations ensuring they are completed accurately, completely and on time.
- Manage compliance for all area plant and operations with site specific compliance issues such as air permits, renewals, extensions, compliance demonstration.
- Advise operations on regulatory requirements and provide technical support as needed.
- Keeps familiar and current with the status of assigned sites anticipating and resolving potential or actual compliance issues.
- Implement standard environmental programs at the local level.
- Facilitate resolution of legal issues involving land working with internal and external legal resources.
- Advise management on land-related issues, providing critical and strategic thinking to identify and minimize risks and maximize value.
- Manage the acquisition and divestment of land assets for designated area including the development and facilitating of Capital Improvement and Restoration Expenditure Requests and the financial and risk/opportunity evaluation of each project.
- Manage the preparation, maintenance and sustaining of mining and reclamation and related land permits. Manages the permitting and zoning activities and compliance including timely completion of all zoning applications, and community relations initiatives.
- Manage and participate in special projects as assigned
- Actively manage all leases and lease requirements within each company owned property, as assigned.
- Actively promote and champion company safety programs, projects, and behavior.
- Maintain knowledge of State/Local and Federal laws concerning, environmental, land, and reclamation issues.
- Work with Operations, Environmental Management and other staff to carry out and manage public and community relations initiatives.
- Participates in Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), state environmental agencies, and local government inspections and conducts internal environmental compliance audits.
- Assist operations in identifying and managing capital projects for site environmental upgrades.
- Responds and provides oversight for the emergency response to sudden releases of OHM.
- Promote and assist with implementation of site biodiversity and sustainability projects.
RELATIONSHIPS WITH OTHER JOBS
- Reports to Director of Land and Environment
- Works closely with Legal, Finance, Environment, Operations, and others.
- Works closely with external service providers on technical, government and legal matters.
- Interacts with senior management members of Business Unit on various issue or situations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Required Education: Bachelor's/University Degree
Additional Education Preferred: Master's/Graduate Degree
Preferred field of study: Environmental Engineering or Equivalent
Other Training/Certifications Required: Formal training in leadership, team building, continuous improvements and related fields.
Required Work Experience: 7-10 years
Travel Requirements: 50% with regional business
Licenses/Certifications: Professional Engineering License is a plus
Computer and Software Skills: Land Information System, ENVOY, Microsoft Word, Power Point, Excel, and Various other programs
Other: Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must demonstrate ability to multi-task and manage conflicting priorities. Strong problem solving skills, interpreting rules, laws, agreements, etc. Demonstrate computer proficiency
- Highly organized self-starter with the ability to successfully manage multiple simultaneous projects and priorities with minimal supervision.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and work in a cross-disciplinary team environment
- In-depth understanding of applicable government regulations and pertinent legislation
- High proficiency with general office computer tools.
- Proven ability to carry out long- and short-term planning.
- Ability travel to external locations and attend public meetings sometimes at night.
- Solid research, evaluation, negotiation skills and knowledge of real estate transactions and agreements, zoning and permitting.
- Comfort and solid familiarity with public relations, public presentations, and communications with groups of traditional community members.
Estimated Wage Range
It is an exciting time to work in the building materials sector. The world is facing a process of rapid urbanization accompanied by increased pressure on strategic resources (water, raw materials, energy). As the new leader of our industry, LafargeHolcim is seeking to recruit, develop, and retain the best talent to help us meet the challenges and opportunities of the future. We need people eager to grow to their full potential while delivering value to our shareholders, customers, and society in general. Read more: https://www.lafargeholcim.us/join-us-help-world-build-better
Follow us: @LafargeHolcim on Twitter | LafargeHolcim on Facebook