Perform the operation of ROTHR RADAR system, primarily PC-based platforms to monitor and track surface and air contacts. Perform ionosphere propagation assessment by manually modeling the ionosphere's layers using PC-based resources. Perform frequency selection by interpreting the ionospheric model and assigning the proper RADAR parameters necessary for adequate detection and tracking capability of the designated target type (i.e. surface or air).
Monitor and modify RADAR resources as necessary to meet tasking parameters. Monitor & assist ROTHR tracking software in validating and reporting aircraft and surface contacts within the RADAR coverage area. Interpret RADAR returns to identify take offs and landings of aircraft. Monitor and copy external communications information relayed over HF radio links. Interact with global command and communications station (GCCS) terminal for pertinent track data. Receive technical guidance and tasking from supervisor or higher-level operator.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position requires a U.S. Security Clearance.
- No relocation is provided for this position.
- Minimum of three months RADAR operations / technical school.
- Four years___ experience of radar operations and control in a watch team environment.
- Working knowledge of Windows 10.
- Previous experience monitoring GCCS display system and HF radio transmissions.
- Previous air controller or OS experience.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Active and Current U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) Secret Security Clearance.
- Effective applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to military installation and classified information.
- Applicant must be able to maintain a U.S. DoD Secret clearance.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon: Aspiring to be the most admired defense and aerospace systems company through our world-class people, innovation and technology
Raytheon Company is a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, security and civil markets throughout the world. With a history of innovation spanning 91 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration and other capabilities in the areas of sensing; effects; and command, control, communications and intelligence systems; as well as a broad range of mission support services.