The Terminal Manager's primary objective is to manage the rail unloading, distribution and storage activities of the Lehi, UT terminal. Manager will oversee facility optimization while maintaining the high standards of safety, quality and customer service at facility and operating within environmental regulations consistent with the business strategy and objectives.
- Demonstrates a commitment to communicating, improving and adhering to safety policies in all work environments and areas.
- Performs all tasks in a safe and efficient manner
- Observes safety regulations and established operational procedures at all times.
- Create and manage Terminal budgets to cost and volume expectations.
- Manage development plans for terminal operators.
- Promotes safety practices and efforts throughout the Terminals.
- Manage Contractor control provisions.
- Supervise, train, coach and evaluate supply point personnel following the training manual procedures and guidelines.
- Supervise the receiving and unloading of trucks, railcars and the loading of cement trucks while maintaining accurate records for inventory.
- Devise and implement the periodic and preventative maintenance programs for all equipment. Maintain maintenance logs and record all maintenance on supply point equipment and machinery.
- Transmit appropriate daily cement inventory information to the sales and/or corporate offices as required, as well as other information pertaining to daily business. Be aware of possible shortages and contingencies for them.
- Handle special assignments or projects as directed by Manager, Logistics or General Manager.
- Recommend the hiring and termination of supply point personnel. Participate in interviewing potential employees.
- Responsible for terminal "Standard Operation Procedures".
- Close coordination of activities with cement terminal personnel and operations.
- Other activities as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
RELATIONSHIPS WITH OTHER JOBS
The Terminal Manager reports to the District Terminal Manager. The Terminal Manager will operate within a network of other Terminal Managers and Senior Terminal Managers and be required to work effectively within this environment
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Required Education: High School diploma/GED
Additional Education Preferred: Bachelor's/Undergraduate Degree
Applicable related to work experience in a cement distribution facility as well as familiarity with cement discharge/ shipping/ distribution functions of a marine terminal.
Field of Study Preferred: Technical college degree
Required Work Experience:
- The qualified candidate will possess a strong working knowledge of a cement distribution facility as well as familiarity with cement discharge / shipping / distribution functions of a rail unloading terminal.
- The qualified candidate will be required to have strong written verbal and written communication skills
- The qualified candidate will need demonstrated and effective problem solving skills
- The qualified candidate will possess strong leadership skills and an ability to work within a matrix organization and a tight network of peers
- The qualified candidate must have a demonstrated ability to coach and develop direct reports
- The qualified candidate must have a demonstrated commitment to safety in the workplace
Job Specific Competency Profile
- Drive for Results
- Functional/ Technical skills
- Problem Solving
- Managing through Systems
- Responsible for providing reasonable assurance of effective and efficient operations, including actions to prevent and detect fraud and protect Company resources.
HEALTH & SAFETY (H&S) COMPETENCIES
- Ensures alignment of H&S activities arising from H&S missions and objectives.
- Actively manages risks by ensuring that all related control activities are thoroughly implemented.
- Drives committed and effective incident management through active participation in incident review, investigation, and corrective action creation.
- Promotes a culture of incident reporting and leading indicators, i.e., Near Misses and Visible Personal Commitment (VPC).
- Exercises and encourages core H&S values including, but not limited to, developing self and coaching others by inspiration and empowerment.
It is an exciting time to work in the building materials sector. The world is facing a process of rapid urbanization accompanied by increased pressure on strategic resources (water, raw materials, energy). As the new leader of our industry, LafargeHolcim is seeking to recruit, develop, and retain the best talent to help us meet the challenges and opportunities of the future. We need people eager to grow to their full potential while delivering value to our shareholders, customers, and society in general. Read more: https://www.lafargeholcim.us/join-us-help-world-build-better
Follow us: @LafargeHolcim on Twitter | LafargeHolcim on Facebook
LafargeHolcim | Houston, Texas
LafargeHolcim | New Orleans, Louisiana
LafargeHolcim | Florence, Colorado
LafargeHolcim | Spokane, Washington
LafargeHolcim | Cincinnati, Ohio
LafargeHolcim | Seattle, Washington
LafargeHolcim | Ravena, New York
LafargeHolcim | Seattle, Washington
LafargeHolcim | Vancouver, Washington
LafargeHolcim | Smithland, Kentucky