Under supervision of the Construction Manager and/or DPW Manager, the Civil Engineer requires thorough knowledge of civil design and engineering techniques, as well as CAD and graphics skills. Responsible to plan and conduct independent work, requiring judgment in the evaluation, selection, application and adaptation of engineering techniques, procedures and criteria. Plan, designing, and manage construction and maintenance of building structures, and facilities, such as roads, steel building structures, large area maintenance tents, irrigation projects, pipelines, water and sewage systems, and waste disposal to required specifications, focusing on economy, safety, reliability, quality and sustainability. Devise new approaches to problems, and prepare or modify drawings, specifications, calculations, charts and graphs, and monitor work for compliance to applicable codes, accepted engineering practices, Vectrus Safety Procedures and customer Standards
This position description is subject to change at any time as needed to meet the requirements of the program or company.
- Direct and manage construction, installation, maintenance, support, documentation, and testing activities to ensure compliance with specifications, codes, and customer requirements.
- Compute load and grade requirements, water flow rates, and material stress factors to determine design specifications.
- Inspect completed installations and observe operations, to ensure conformance to design and equipment specifications and compliance with operational and safety standards.
- Analyze survey reports, maps, drawings, blueprints and topographical or geologic data to plan projects
- Compile data and write reports regarding existing and potential civil studies and projects.
- Assessing the potential risks of specific projects, as well as undertaking risk management in specialist roles.
- Generating Statements of Work and reviewing Subcontractor Technical Proposals for accuracy and acceptance.
- Assist and/ or confer with engineers, customers, and others in developing programs for new projects or plan existing major repair projects.
- Direct and/or participate in job site visits to collect or deliver design and engineering data.
- Performs assignments independently with instruction as to the general results expected and with guidance from management and or engineering specialist on unusual or complex problems.
Minimum Qualifications: Education/Certifications: One-year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Must provide a copy of the diploma
- Must be CAC eligible and/or able to obtain a Common Access Card (CAC)
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Minimum 5 years’ experience relating to civil engineering project work
- Minimum Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering.
- Must have at least 10 years of related experience and training, or equivalent combination of education/training and experience.
- Technical competence
- Strong numeracy and IT skills
- Excellent communication and team working skills
- Ability to work to budgets and deadlines
- Knowledge of relevant legislation
- Attention to detail, combined with the ability to oversee small and large projects
- Negotiation and leadership skills
- A creative approach to problem-solving
- Strong writing skills
- Must be capable of working in an extreme weather conditions with temperatures exceeding 120 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Indoor and/or outdoor environment with very adverse and harsh conditions (i.e., hot, dry, duty, desert environment with average temperatures of 30 degrees in the winter and 130 degrees in the summer months).
- Includes some industrial production environment conditions as well.
- Medium work. Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Employee use of personal protective equipment (PPE) is required for some situations. PPE includes, but is not limited to, head, foot, torso, respiratory, vision, and hearing protective devices.
- Must comply with all Fire and Safety Regulations and post policies.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
Vectrus is a leading global government services company with a history in the services market that dates back more than 70 years. The company provides facility and base operations; supply chain and logistics services; information technology mission support; and engineering and digital integration services to U.S. government customers around the world. Vectrus is differentiated by operational excellence, superior program performance, a history of long-term customer relationships and a strong commitment to their customers' mission success. Vectrus is headquartered in Colorado Springs, CO, and includes about 6,700 employees spanning 129 locations in 22 countries. In 2018, Vectrus generated sales of $1.3 billion. To learn about career opportunities at Vectrus, visit www.vectrus.com/careers.