Registered Nurse Supervisor - Military Veterans
DescriptionSHIFT: Mixed (rotating weekends)
Are you looking for a role to utilize your House Supervisor, Emergency, Trauma or Critical Care Nursing experience that goes beyond the bedside? Are you looking for a company that places integrity over their bottom line? Here at HCA Healthcare, our everyday decisions are founded on compassion. Apply today and join a team that is dedicated to serving others in need.
HCA Healthcare is a leading healthcare provider with over 31.2 million patient encounters a year at locations in 21 states including the UK. We care about our community! HCA Healthcare has continually, been named one of Ethisphere’s most ethical company’s in the world since 2010. In 2018, HCA spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us.
Your benefits as a fulltime employee include Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Medical and Childcare Flex Spending Accounts, Life and Disability Insurance, Paid Time Off, Paid Family Medical Leave, Clinical Certification Support, Tuition Reimbursement, Student Loan Repayment Assistance, 401k with Corporate Matching, Employee Stock Purchase Program Employee Discount Program and Identity Theft Protection.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted, promptly for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
Our Transfer Center teams are committed to providing streamlined access to the right facility at the right time for every patient, every day, throughout the continuum of care. Join us in our efforts to better our community.
- You will complete initial review of service inquiries and recoveries and communicate results with the director.
- You will assist Manager with scheduling and covering open shifts.
- You will be responsible for QA/QI of data, phone calls and reports.
- You will assist with staff communication, provide updates and maintain department standards.
- You will strive to improve current operations by identifying inefficiencies.
- You will work as a liaison between staff and management.
- You will playa vital role in Emergency Operations.
What Sets Us Apart…?
"I enjoy the welcoming and fast paced environment, and constant learning! There is never a dull shift and it’s truly a great team to work with!"
"Working at the Transfer Center is AMAZING! After being a nurse for over a decade, this is the best place I have ever worked. Management is fantastic. I leave on time every day, and I still get to use my critical thinking skills in a Nursing capacity. We are like a little family here, everyone works together to get things done. It’s wonderful!"
Education and Requirements:
- Graduate from an accredited nursing program
Current state or compact Registered Nursing license
Minimum 3 years acute care RN experience
- BSN or Bachelor’s degree in nursing
2 years of Critical Care nursing to include ED, ICU and/or House Supervisor experience
Prior supervisory or Management experience in a healthcare related field.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including diplomatic and friendly telephone manner and use of professional vocabulary
- Knowledge of Division hospital services lines and clinical capabilities
- Knowledge of Computer Software; Meditech, Tele-Tracking, Central Logic, Bed Management, Microsoft Office, Internet searches and relevant Data Bases
- Problem-solving skills to determine the best course of action, which will be satisfactory to the patient, the physicians, and the hospital.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple complex tasks.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
- Positive, enthusiastic, helpful personality
- Customer service oriented
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
HCA Serving Those Who Have Served Us So Faithfully.
Guided by the principle that quality care begins with the warmth, compassion, and positive attitude of our employees, HCA has consistently proven to be the nation’s leading healthcare provider with the widest range of employment opportunities.
Since our founding over 40 years ago, HCA has grown in size and services with over 280 affiliate facilities in 20 states and England. Our family of nearly 190,000 strong is dedicated to developing innovative strategies and practices to better the human condition.
Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. Expert care, ethical conduct, innovative technologies, and best practices are the core of our resources. Through these, we strive to deliver high-quality, cost-effective, community-centric health care for approximately 18 million patients annually.
HCA has over 7000 open requisitions in hospitals, diagnostic, outpatient and business operations across 20 states in the U.S.
Our employment opportunities fill job classes in both patient care and business support services. While a majority of positions account for clinical backgrounds, HCA has many opportunities in supply chain and logistics, IT, engineering and technical, administrative and managerial, sales, finance and accounting, environmental, plant ops, HR and many more.