Career advisers provide guidance about career choice, employment, training and further education opportunities to clients, including young people and the unemployed.
- Counsels and assists Program's customers regarding job search strategies, personal career advisement and training issues, identifying and working with barriers to employment, professional goal setting and planning. Identify outside resources, programs and other services for customers if needed
- Advises, monitors, and tracks participation for customers so that they maximize of the functions and opportunities of the program
- Manages the day-to-day relationship with customers, addresses customer concerns promptly with an action plan to ensure satisfaction, and documents all findings with case notes in a clear, concise, and timely manner
- Maintains knowledge/professional understanding of a vast array of occupations/career paths (for effective placement/processing and assessment of customers as well as determining services most appropriate for their career goals
- Provides motivational support to customers during the job search process
- Identifies training needs and ensures appropriate training
- Facilitates job readiness/search workshops
- Demonstrates strong strategies for re-engaging customers after training and finding employment for those customers
- Demonstrates effective use of the guidelines and standards of the Case Management Model to support the needs of the participants
- Successfully documents customer success stories internally and externally.
- Analyzes and constructs critiques of resumes/required documentation for effective processing for customer eligibility
- Administratively maintains accurate and complete records and correspondence as required by the Program Director and according to standards set by Customer
- Creates and maintains the policies and procedures for Career Advisement and assists in the training of other team members in those guidelines
- Works under direction of the Career Advisor Coordinator to facilitate timely completion of tasks to sustain daily operations and complete special projects, and assists program team members as necessary
- Produces word processing documents, including charts and tables. Proofreads and edits correspondence, memorandum, proposals, reports, and other requested documents. Maintains filing systems and performs other relevant duties as assigned by the Program Director
- Bachelor of Art/Bachelor of Science in psychology, marketing, business, human resources or related fields with two plus years relevant work experience
- Experience working with career counseling consumers in a high volume work environment, particularly in a human services or workforce development or an equivalent combination.
- Strong communication and organization skills, computer skills, publishing skills and the ability to communicate clearly and concisely
- The ability to relate well with individuals, ability to motivate, and posses experience in presenting workshops and working with individuals having one or more barriers to employment
- A referral network with other human service agencies in the community and can provide intervention services as needed
- Knowledge of various job search strategies, resources and actions plans
- Ability to follow instructions well
- Adaptable, flexible, and a fast learner
- Creative and able to meet deadlines
- Works well under pressure and goal oriented and works well within a team concept
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Demonstrated computer skills, with experience using word processing and spreadsheet software applications
- Familiarity with the communities being served, with knowledge and understanding of local needs and resources
- Be able to work first shift and overtime if required
- Travel when necessary
About our Line of Business
BrightSpring is the parent company of a family of services and brands that provides clinical, nonclinical, pharmacy and ancillary care services for people of all ages, health and skill levels across home and community settings.
The company is the leading provider of diversified home and community-based health and pharmacy services to medically complex and high-need populations. Its primary businesses include: behavioral health (including autism services), home health care (including personal care, home health, and hospice), neuro therapy, and job placement and vocational training, supported by pharmacy and telecare ancillary technologies and services. These businesses employ over 50,000 dedicated team members in 50 states and provide services for over 350,000 people every day.
BrightSpring. Not just your best career. Your best life.
At BrightSpring, we need excellent people. To do excellent things. Have you wanted to make a difference in the lives of people – or entire communities? At BrightSpring you can.
This in fact could be the amazing opportunity you have been looking for. Have you wanted to find a place where there was no limit to the training you can receive throughout your career? BrightSpring® has it all. Why not find out what we can offer you?
BrightSpring lets you choose the health care field that fits you best.
· HomeCare Services
· Community Living Services
· Family & Youth Services
· Neuro Rehabilitation Services
· Behavioral Health Services
· Telecare & Remote Support
· Pharmacy Services
· Workforce Services
At BrightSpring, we’re putting out the call for everyone from caregivers to nurses to specialists to administrators to business leaders and IT innovators. If you want to be a part of an organization that is shaping the future of American health care, we invite you to take a look at what BrightSpring can offer you…
BrightSpring Health Services | Perris, California
BrightSpring Health Services | Cypress, California
BrightSpring Health Services | Irvine, California
Kelly | Santa Ana, California
BrightSpring Health Services | Mission Viejo, California
BrightSpring Health Services | Long Beach, California
BrightSpring Health Services | Buena Park, California
Kelly | Lake Forest, California
BrightSpring Health Services | Mission Viejo, California
Kelly | Anaheim, California