This is a long-term contract position which offers:
- Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefit package
- Optional health, vision, and dental plans
-Vacation leave as well as 10 paid federal holidays and 401K plan.
- Access to NIH’s unparalleled resources and niche scientific initiatives
TASKS/SERVICES. The contractor shall:
Primary responsibility is to support the VRC Animal Resource Coordinator and the VRC Animal Program Director with in vivo research and to perform the following duties and responsibilities:
Quality Assurance/Quality Control of VRC Studies:
- Post Approval Monitoring
- Ensure Federal, State, local and NIH policies and regulations are adhered to.
- Amendment/VVC Assistance
- Study Confirmations and ensuring studies are performed as per the approved ASP
Project Management of VRC in vivo research studies:
- Create study books – Check-off sheets, all possible paperwork associated with study for reference
- Ensure materials and supply availability
- Oversee animal models with variety of species e.g. Non-Human Primates (NHP), Ferrets, Mini Pigs, Rabbits, Rats, Hamster
- Create and Maintain Master Sampling Schedules
- Project Coordination with multiple facility sites
- Submit Technical Service Requests
- Prepare and ship samples as needed
- Research study calendar management- communicating schedule with multiple sites
- Sampling schedules
- Courier and Shipment Coordination
Assist with NHP Resource Coordination and Colony management:
- On Study, Recycle, and Holding
- Study timepoint IDs
- SOP assistance
- Protocols assistance
- Amendment assistance
- Renewal assistance
- Animal Information for Investigators
- Study reports and updated
- Events Reports to investigators or ACUC as requested
Assist APD with monitoring Health Cases from Facilities:
- Investigator approval for drugs
- Euthanasia candidate tissues
Perform basic and advanced technical procedures in support of VRC operations as need:
- Assist in preparing immunogens and inoculations
- Dose calculations
- Sample processing (e.g. cbc/chem, serum, tissue collection)
- Technical Procedures as needed injections, blood collection, mucosal and tissue collections, etc
- Maintain laboratory equipment and technical support areas
Attend and present information as needed at Lab Meetings/VRC Meetings/Study Meetings:
- Weekly Lab Meeting
- VRC seminars, and others considered important to attend
- Meeting with investigators about studies or ideas or conclusions
- Facility meetings about initiating new studies
- Contract Management meetings as requested
REQUIREMENTS. The contractor must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Minimum of four (4) years’ experience in the lab animal field.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE
When you apply, please know a Kelly Government Solutions Recruiter will review your resume and will contact you directly, if your skills and experience match the requirements of this position; a full job description can be made available at that time.
Due to the high volume of inquiries, we regret that we cannot accept phone calls. Even if you aren’t contacted for this position, you are still part of our talent network. All Kelly recruiters have access to your profile, which expands your opportunities even further.
As a specialty talent company, Kelly is committed to doing the right thing for our talent and clients. We stand up for equity, inclusion, fair treatment, and opportunity for all as these build the foundation of our Talent Promise. With a focus on safety, value, well-being, investment, and opportunity, Kelly’s Talent Promise confirms our commitment to those in search of a better way to work and live and to help discover what’s next.
It is obvious things are different than they were just a few months ago. Kelly is at the forefront of ensuring the safety of our employees in this new working environment. Be well and stay strong.
Looking to connect with premier government agencies or the top 25 federal government contractors? Kelly® Government offers a variety of full-time, project (SOW), seasonal, and surge support opportunities in science, engineering, technical, professional, and administrative support roles. Our experts will find you the opportunity that fits your schedule and interests and handle the details of transferring and processing all levels of security clearances. It’s just another way we make the job search work for you.
Kelly connects talented people to companies in need of their skills in areas including Science, Engineering, Education, Office, Contact Center, Light Industrial, and more. We’re always thinking about what’s next in the evolving world of work, and we help people ditch the script on old ways of thinking and embrace the value of all workstyles in the workplace. We directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world, and we connect thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners in our outsourcing and consulting practice.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]]
Why Kelly - Since 2011 we have placed over 16,000 Veterans
Kelly applies targeted recruiting initiatives to the Veterans population (in all stages of transition) by aligning customer defined requirements with military skills and experience. The transition from military to civilian life can be stressful and complex for veterans, and our staff is trained to assist in this transition. Unlike our competition, Kelly places these resources without geographic or industry constraints, offering our customers and our employees greater flexibility. Kelly has a wide variety of local opportunities, for Veterans and their spouses, within our workforce solutions as well as national recruiting programs on behalf of our customers. Kelly’s leading placement opportunities for Veterans are within Information Technology, Engineering, Science, Light Industrial and Call Center.
Our specially trained Veteran recruiters are armed with a number of tools to help Veterans obtain roles that match their potential including skill translation tools, leading Veteran- centric job boards and Veteran/spouse social media networks, among others.
Through Kelly’s vast branch network, we are closely located to the majority of major military installations across the United States. Kelly recruiters participate in onsite and virtual military career fairs as well as advertise through local and national Veteran job boards. In recent years, over 150 Kelly branches have worked directly with their local military installations to recruit spouses and transitioning personnel. These teams not only engages with transitioning talent from local bases, but also have a strong focus on Veterans in areas where the military has identified high Veteran unemployment. This approach ensures that military talent is engaged and shared across the centralized military recruiting team and documented in a centralized database, so that other Kelly locations can benefit from hiring or relocating this valuable pool of talent.
Our focus on military recruiting is a win on multiple levels. Kelly gains top talent with the skills needed to excel; our clients receive the benefit of that talent to help them compete in an ever challenging business landscape; and Veterans receive gainful employment in line with their skills and abilities to ease the transition to the next phase of their lives.
A People Company, Staffing the World
Kelly founded the temporary staffing industry in 1946, and has maintained a leadership position through the years based on a valuable premise: we invest in people. Today that focus benefits our customers wherever they operate around the globe - in a growing number of specialized fields. And we’ll continue to meet the evolving challenges of workforce flexibility with staffing solutions tailored to your precise business needs, both locally and worldwide.
Kelly | San Diego, California
Kelly | San Diego, California
Kelly | South San Francisco, California
Kelly | Bethesda, Maryland
Kelly | South San Francisco, California
Parsons Corporation | Silver Spring, Maryland
Kelly | Baltimore, Maryland
Kelly | Rockville, Maryland