Northrop Grumman Defense Systems is seeking a qualified Principal Cyber System Administrator to become part of a diverse team of cyber system admin professionals supporting a fast-paced, growing, dynamic program for our Air Force customer. This position is located at Nellis AFB, Nevada.
The candidate would be responsible for maintaining seamless operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network administrators and cybersecurity teams. Interacting with users and evaluating DoD approved vendor products and solutions. Providing inputs to trade studies when making hardware and software purchases, help with coordinating installations, providing backup recovery support, and assist with developing and monitoring policies and standards. Ancillary duties may include setting up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation, fine tuning system performance, installing system wide software and allocating mass storage space.
The candidate's responsibilities include:
- Performing updates and patching of computer infrastructure
- Configuring, administering and maintaining computer infrastructure (Windows 10, Server 2012, Windows Server 2016, Active Directory, Red Hat Enterprise Linux)
- Configuring, administering, and maintaining patch deployment and management system
- Providing patch management status reporting to management
- Configuring, monitoring, maintaining, and administering computer backup and recovery solution
- Providing backup and recovery status reporting to management
- Ensure System Administrator sub-team executes secure configuration managed processes
- Executing Agile processes such as DEVSECOPs
- Making recommendations for solutions to technical problems (e.g. product selection recommendations)
- Maintaining and operating virtual environments for servers and workstations
- Writing standard operating procedure documentation and developing system cold-start documentation
- Performing auditing as delegated by ISSO, ISSM, or equivalent following defined procedures
- Developing proposal input or other business development support activities
- Participating in customer meetings, or providing status input to higher level management
- Cyber Systems Administrator: Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Engineering, or related discipline with 3 years of experience / 1 years with Masters
- Principal Cyber Systems Administrator: Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Engineering, or related discipline with 6 years of experience / 4 years with Masters
- Active Top Secret Clearance, eligible for SCI
- DoD 8570 qualifications or IAT Level II position or able to obtain within 6 months (Security+, GSEC, SSCP, CISSP)
- Active Top Secret DoD Security clearance, SAP/SCI eligible
- Demonstrated experience administering and maintaining Active Directory environments and group policies
- Demonstrated experience administering and maintaining a Windows environment (Desktop and Server operating systems)
- Demonstrated experience of virtualization environments using technologies such as Hyper-V, ESXi, McAfee ePO, MS SQL Server, storage provisioning, and networking of virtual systems
- Previous experience in administration of secure configuration managed systems
- Ability to work in a team environment with minimal direct supervision
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary and fast-paced environment
- Rudimentary knowledge of networking (e.g. IP routing, switching, OSI layers)
- Previous experience with centralized management solutions (e.g. Systems Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), Windows Server Update Services (WSUS), Ansible, )
- Working knowledge of Windows security, network security, web security, application security, security assessments/testing, industry and DoD security best practices
Become part of a team at the forefront of technology and the frontline of defense when you start Defining Possible with Northrop Grumman. We currently have opportunities across the world for those ready to solve our toughest challenges on land, sea, air, space and cyberspace.
With Northrop Grumman, you’ll be joining a culture where your voice is heard and contributions are valued. Launch your career and join the over 17,000 veterans pushing past possible every day to create and deliver the most advanced systems that connect and protect our world. Northrop Grumman careers and internships are as varied as your interests, with a lifetime of potential that will allow you to work together with people from many backgrounds, personal passions and disciplines.
© 2020 Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO.
JT4 | Las Vegas, Nevada
JT4 | Las Vegas, Nevada
JT4 | Las Vegas, Nevada
Northrop Grumman | Las Vegas, Nevada
General Dynamics | Las Vegas, Nevada