This continegent position will support our ongoing testing efforts for COVID-19 in an offsite business partner location. It is a full-time temporary position that will last a minimum of 2 months and may be extended longer.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to
1. Patient-Centered Quality and Safety
a. Provide clinical oversight for testing services in a unique COVID-19 patient testing environment, including but not limited to onsite employer clinics, mobile tent sites, and onsite retail locations.
b. Educate patients on maintaining proper health
c. Evaluate, make recommendations, co-manage and treat patients' medical needs for safe and high quality treatment
d. Document all patient care within an electronic health record
e. Participate in an interdisciplinary team providing care and coordination of our patients with internal and external colleagues including the broader patient centered medical home ensuring the highest level of care is provided for all patients and at all times
f. Facilitates the development of effective Patient Centered Practice Teams
g. Responds to patient care inquiries throughout the day
2. Customer Service Excellence
a. Delivers excellent customer service
b. Seeks to increase patient engagement and satisfaction through integration of feedback from patients, management, and professional colleagues
c. Focuses consistently on the patient
d. Creates a warm and welcoming environment
e. Communicates effectively and adjusts communication style to effectively influence quality outcomes and patient needs
f. Cultivate and maintain all levels of communication
3. Healthcare Environment Management
a. Resolve conflict using appropriate management techniques
b. Cultivate and maintain positive relationships among practice employees and retail store colleagues
c. Reprioritizes continually throughout the day to fulfill patient and business needs
d. Manages clinical and non-clinical duties efficiently
e. Manages multiple demands and needs of clinic operations, patients in the waiting room, and incoming phone calls while maintaining focus and high quality care on the patient in the exam room
f. Adapts quickly to new models of patient care for clinic efficiency
g. Demonstrates core values of CVS Health MinuteClinic in all communications and interactions
h. Assist with hiring, development and evaluation of Practice employees
i. Enhances operational effectiveness, emphasizing cost containment without jeopardizing important innovation or quality of care
4. Business Acumen
a. Validates insurance coverage and incorporates knowledge into care plan
a. Works independently: is self- motivated, prioritizes and solves problems, takes initiative, and advocates for their patients and their practice
b. Maintains self-awareness and professionalism of individual actions and how they impact the clinic, practice, and healthcare industry
• Active Advance Practice Registered Nurse, Nurse Practitioner license in good standing
• Current National Board Certification, Family Practice
• A minimum of 6 months of recent and relevant Nurse Practitioner of which Primary Care experience in either a family medicine or primary care practice, preferred
• Effective verbal, written, and electronic communication skills
• Outstanding organizational skills and ability to multi-task
• Initiative, problem solving ability, adaptability and flexibility
• Ability to work without direct supervision and practice autonomously
• Is proficient with information management and technology
• Capacity to collaborate with professional colleagues as necessary to provide quality care
• Depending on the market, the ability to be proficient in both speaking and writing in Spanish may be required.
• 2-3+ years of Nurse Practitioner experience preferred
• Providers will be assigned a primary site, however, are expected to travel to and staff other locations within a manager-defined area as needed by the business
• While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to move about and interact with customers, sit, write, operate the computer and phone, speak intelligibly, and hear.
• Completion of Master’s Degree level Family Nurse Practitioner program with current National Board
• Certification and State of Employment license to practice in the Advanced Practice Nurse role required.
At MinuteClinic, a CVS Health business, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities. See Job Description
Continue serving and work with a purpose
As a CVS Health colleague, you'll find career opportunities across the organization and at every stage of your career. More important, your work will have an impactful purpose on someone's life, including your own. Learn more about how you can continue serving on your next mission at CVS Health.
Careers for Veterans and Military Spouses
"The military has an ethos that is grounded in purpose-driven service that’s bigger than the individual. The same holds true for us at CVS Health. You can talk to colleagues in any part of our business and they will be able to articulate our company’s purpose. Working here provides an opportunity for service members and military spouses to continue to serve, just in a civvies."
CVS Health | Santa Clarita, California
CVS Health | Arcadia, California
CVS Health | Torrance, California
CVS Health | , California
CVS Health | Torrance, California
CVS Health | , California
CVS Health | Pasadena, California
CVS Health | Burbank, California
CVS Health | La Puente, California
HERC - Southern California | Los Angeles, California