Low Voltage Power Products - Electrical Engineer I - Tucson, AZ - Military Veterans
Raytheon Missiles and Defense (RMD) is a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, security and civil markets where you___ll be part of a global team working together to solve some of the most demanding challenges on the planet. We are the world's largest developer, producer and integrator of weapon systems. In fact, we've produced over one million missiles in our history. Military forces in more than 50 countries look to us for a high-quality product portfolio that includes missiles, smart munitions, projectiles, kinetic kill vehicles and directed energy weapons. We are able to accomplish this feat because our employees live our Values of Trust, Respect, Collaboration, Innovation and Accountability. Diversity is a part of our culture and a key to our success. When world-class talent works together in a place that is respectful and inclusive, we solve some of the world's hardest problems.
We know that a diverse company is a strong company. The people of Raytheon Technologies come from different backgrounds. We value our different perspectives and styles of tackling the world___s most complex challenges and toughest threats. Through Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), our employees are empowered to impact business results, build professional networks, advocate for causes that matter to them and contribute to their local communities. Diversity of thought is critical to the future of innovation. We leverage these unique voices to generate solutions toward a united and singular purpose: to define the future of aerospace.
The Electrical Products Team (EPT) is responsible for all aspects of these subsystems design, test and production. EPT is seeking recent college graduates with the skills and passion to engineer complex power systems, analog design, or linear control systems. A successful candidate is one who can participate in a multi-disciplined team and properly apply engineering tools and processes.
The Low Voltage Power Products Department is responsible for power design to include power conversion, DC/DC converters, AC/DC converters, gimbal controls, solenoid controls, HV converters, small signal analog circuits, initiator circuits, sensing and monitoring circuits.
A candidate with interests, studies, research or experiences which are technically broad will be a possible fit in our electrical subsystems group. These could include one or more of the following experiences: hands on laboratory work with hardware and software, subsystem integration and testing, a focus on system interactions and industrial engineering, system / subsystem modeling and analysis, investigating defects and developing root cause and corrective actions.
All Candidates will be expected to provide solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity, working under general supervision. The position requires frequent use and application of technical standards, principles, concepts and techniques. Successful candidates should expect to be immersed in a fast-paced, team-based, and challenging technical environment where an individual with talent and initiative can stand out and thrive.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
- Requires a Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics or related Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) degree. Must be either currently pursuing degree or degree must have been granted in the last 18 months.
- Coursework in one or more of the following areas: circuit design, power electronics, power conversion, electromagnetics, linear controls, analog design or control theory.
- This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance. U.S. Citizenship is required.
- ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard. 3.5 cumulative GPA desired.
- Demonstrated use of Mentor Graphics DxDesigner, Simplis and Hyperlynx
- RF and Radar knowledge
- Demonstrated understanding of printed circuit layout techniques for high speed, high frequency, low noise circuits
- Demonstrated understanding of linear controls and motor drive techniques
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse communities and cultures.
- Demonstrated ability to work with colleagues who represent a diversity of work and conflict resolution styles.
Location: This position is located in beautiful Tucson, AZ. Tucson has a friendly, caring and laid-back atmosphere, combined with the innovation and energy of a metropolitan region and recognized as one of America___s 10 Best Small Cities. Surrounded by beautiful mountains, colorful Sonoran Desert landscape and majestic saguaro cacti, Tucson is blessed with some of nature___s best work. Tucson is known for its bright blue skies, and with more than 310 sunny days per year, Tucson___s fantastic weather lets residents enjoy the outdoors year-round.
- Student Loan Repayment Contribution Program
- Paid Parental Leave
- Educational Assistance
- 9/80 work schedule ___ Every other Friday off
- Onsite Wellness Program ___ Health Screenings/Flu Shots
- 401K ___ Savings & Investment Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Rstars is an enterprise-wide recognition program that allows you to give and receive thanks for notable and exceptional performance.
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens. https://www.state.gov/m/ds/clearances/c10978.htm.
***Please upload a copy of your most recent undergraduate and graduate transcripts with your resume when applying to this requisition. Please include your cumulative GPA and projected graduation date on your resume. ***
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon: Aspiring to be the most admired defense and aerospace systems company through our world-class people, innovation and technology
Raytheon Company is a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, security and civil markets throughout the world. With a history of innovation spanning 91 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration and other capabilities in the areas of sensing; effects; and command, control, communications and intelligence systems; as well as a broad range of mission support services.