DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Pasteur, a proud member of the Anthem, Inc. family of companies, it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
This position is responsible for timely and accurate delivery services.
- Driving to various locations to pick up /receive mail, packages, patients, or prescriptions.
- Unload, sort, count, date stamp and distribute mail and or packages.
- Assisting patient in and out of vehicle.
- Process returned mail or packages.
- Maintains and keeps delivery vehicle clean and in proper operating condition.
- Conducts vehicle inspections daily.
- Maintains accurate, up-to-date records of all reports such as transportation logs, vehicle maintenance logs, fuel purchases, incident reports, accident reports, or vehicle condition reports.
- Reports an accidents or incidents with delivery vehicle in a timely manner.
- Ensure that vehicle is locked and secured when unattended.
- Assists patients, family members, as necessary.
- Complies with company(s) confidentiality policies and procedures as well as any local state or federal law governing patient information/data.
- Participates in meetings, training and in-service education as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- May be assigned to work in mail room or warehouse and the duties may include move heavy shipment to the designated delivery zone and clear loading dock area after delivery.
- Prepare outgoing mail and operate a postal meter to run postage on the envelopes.
- Undertaking bulk work orders (for printing / folding / binding / dispatching of outgoing materials) from internal Departments.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent from an accredited institution.
- 1 - 2 years of experience as a courier or route driver or any combination of education and experience, which would provide and equivalent background.
- Valid driver’s license in the state where associate is operating a vehicle for company purposes.
- Experience driving a commercial vehicle preferred.
- Previous experience in healthcare environment preferred.
Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and has been named a 2019 Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.
If you’re a reserve or veteran member of the military, we foster a welcoming environment that’s dedicated to honoring your service and helping you achieve your career goals. Veterans of Anthem — one of our Business Resource Groups — partners with our Talent Acquisition teams to maximize career offerings for you and your family members, striving to help you transition to civilian service and grow your career at the same time.
Join Anthem's Military and Veteran Talent Network: https://anthemcareers.ttcportals.com/pages/military
WE ARE HIRING
Anthem, Inc. is currently seeking military veterans and military spouses with operations experience. Whether your experience is hands-on as an operational specialist or in operational leadership, Anthem wants to have an impact on your career and professional growth by speaking with you about their career opportunities.
If you are interested in learning more, check out Anthem's current open positions to the right for more information and to apply today!
Not sure where to start? Send RecruitMilitary Success Manager, Taylor Groves, your questions at firstname.lastname@example.org