LTSS Service Coordinator-RN Clinician - Military Veterans
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision.At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of healthcare.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
*****$250 Sign On Bonus offered*****
Location: This position will cover Hudson, Essex, Morris, Union, and possibly some surrounding areas. You must be able to travel within your assigned territory daily, and will work from home when not in the field. You will be in the field approximately (70% of your time, or 3-4 days per week).
LTSS Service Coordinator-RN Clinician
- Responsible for overall management of member's case within the scope of licensure; provides supervision and direction to non-RN clinicians participating in the member's case in accordance with applicable state law and contract; develops, monitors, evaluates, and revises the member's care plan to meet the member's needs, with the goal of optimizing member health care across the care continuum.
- Responsible for performing telephonic or face-to-face clinical assessments for the identification, evaluation, coordination and management of member's needs, including physical health, behavioral health, social services and long term services and supports.
- Identifies members for high risk complications and coordinates care in conjunction with the member and the health care team.
- Manages members with chronic illnesses, co-morbidities, and/or disabilities, to insure cost effective and efficient utilization of health benefits.
- Obtains a thorough and accurate member history to develop an individual care plan.
- Establishes short and long term goals in collaboration with the member, caregivers, family, natural supports, physicians; identifies members that would benefit from an alternative level of care or other waiver programs.
- The RN has overall responsibility to develop the care plan for services for the member and ensures the member's access to those services.
- May assist with the implementation of member care plans by facilitating authorizations/referrals for utilization of services, as appropriate, within benefits structure or through extra-contractual arrangements, as permissible.
- Interfaces with Medical Directors, Physician Advisors and/or Inter-Disciplinary Teams on the development of care management treatment plans.
- May also assist in problem solving with providers, claims or service issues. Directs and/or supervises the work of any LPN/LVN, LSW, LCSW, LMSW, and other licensed professionals other than an RN, in coordinating services for the member by, for example, assigning appropriate tasks to the non-RN clinicians, verifying and interpreting member information obtained by these individuals, conducting additional assessments, as necessary, to develop, monitor, evaluate, and revise the member's care plan to meet the member's needs, and reviewing and providing input on the non-RN clinicians' performance on a regular basis.
- Requires an RN; 3-4 years of experience in working with individuals with chronic illnesses, co-morbidities, and/or disabilities in a Service Coordinator, Case Management, or similar role; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Current, unrestricted RN license in NJ required.
- Masters in Health/Nursing preferred.
- May require state-specified certification based on state law and/or contract.
- Travel required.
Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and is a 2018 DiversityInc magazine Top 50 Company for Diversity. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com.AnEqualOpportunityEmployer/Disability/Veteran
As one of America’s largest health benefits companies, we at Anthem have a profound appreciation for service. Our organization proudly supports our Nation’s active, reserve, and veteran military service members and their spouses.
This is an exciting opportunity to advance your life and career, while still protecting and serving others. Come see for yourself why Anthem is recognized as a Top Employer by GI Jobs and among the “Best of the Best: Top Veteran Friendly Companies” by US Veterans Magazine.
Who We Are Looking For
Anthem, Inc. is seeking military veterans across the country who bring a deeply rooted skillset that includes team-oriented approaches to problem-solving, demonstrations of leadership and an overall commitment to the mission of the organization. If you are a military veteran or military veteran spouse, Anthem, Inc. is looking to hire you.
Should I Apply?
Are you a transitioning member of the military or a military veteran who is looking for a civilian career that provides opportunities for growth and career advancement? Anthem, Inc. is currently looking for Customer Care Reps, Claims Reps, Referral Specialists, Grievance/Appeals Analysts and Utilization Management Reps. If you are interested in a career in one of these fields, check out our current open positions to the right for more information and to apply today!
What Happens After I Apply?
Once you click ‘Apply Now’ on an Anthem, Inc. job posting, you will be re-directed to fill out an application on Anthem's career page. In order to be considered for next steps, please complete the application on Anthem's career page and make sure you have an updated resume uploaded to your RecruitMilitary profile. Once Anthem, Inc. reviews your resume and profile, a recruiter will reach out to provide you with more information and to schedule you for an interview.
How to Win An Interview
1. Review the job description for the specific position you are applying for.
2. Review the company website. Know their mission and values. What do they do? What are their products?
3. Prepare a few questions to ask on your interview.
4. Prepare to discuss your military or civilian background and how it relates to the position.
5. Check out our Resources tab for resume guidance, interview prep and more!