Principal Analytics Consultant - Military Veterans
Canal Street, NY
The Principal Analytics Consultant will serve a key role in facilitating collaboration and supporting coordination and information sharing in the development, enhancement and application of clinical analytics models and other analytics products. The Consultant will document and evaluate the existing suite of models and products, assess business partner needs, collaborate with data scientists and business partners to identify trends and opportunities, develop requirements and coordinate implementation of project plans. The incumbent will facilitate the review of new and existing project requests across the department, identify duplication and overlap, determine the level of effort, priority, and business value/ROI. Responsibilities will include coordinating the work of other data scientists, developing collaboration/information sharing processes and platforms, as well as direct ownership of specific models and analytic products. The Principal Consultant must be familiar with various analytical approaches and modeling techniques, be able to evaluate analytic product evolution scenarios, and envision potential future applications. The incumbent must have a broad knowledge of the health industry to promote creative uses of analytics products. The Principal Consultant collaborates with senior level business partners to understand their problems and goals, assess predictive modeling needs, communicate statistical analyses, and develop data reports and presentations. Consultant also develops and participates in presentations and consultations to existing and prospective constituents on analytics results and solutions. Interacts with internal and external peers and managers to exchange complex information related to areas of specialization. Use strong knowledge in algorithms and predictive models to investigate problems, detect patterns and recommend solutions. Use strong programming skills to explore, examine and interpret large volumes of data in various forms.
The Clinical Optimization team within Clinical Analytics employs cutting-edge predictive modeling, and machine learning to move the to improve identification and effective engagement of members in health management/health improvement programs. As a principal analytics consultant supporting a portfolio of analytics assets (models and integrated solutions), you cross both internal technical strategy/development and business partner coordination functions.
• +5 years experience in experimental design, causal and empirical modeling methods, and healthcare data, and
• 5+ years of analytics leadership, focusing on application of ML to large datasets for healthcare or similar applications
• +3 years of clinical and research experience understanding of health management programs and their and their value/impact, and
• +2 years of technical experience in healthcare business case development, and med cost savings estimation,
• +2 years internal business consulting, project management, clinical stakeholder management, and leadership skills
You must have experience with complex storage and compute environments, be able to communicate effectively with systems architects and engineers, and be experienced with collaboration tools (i.e., familiar with git, Teams, SharePoint). You must be proficient in SQL, python and/or R.
• Are passionate about helping patients by integrating data science research into application
• Relevant experience to the position, such as post-doctoral roles, a proven track record of publications and developed models/software.
• A real passion for ML and experimental design.
• An understanding of healthcare claims data.
• Master's Degree required with significant experience
• PhD preferred in a technical field or equivalent practical experience (e.g., PhD in machine learning, computer science, or statistics and modeling heavy engineering field (chemistry and bioengineering).
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities. See Job Description
Canal Street, NY
Continue serving and work with a purpose
As a CVS Health colleague, you'll find career opportunities across the organization and at every stage of your career. More important, your work will have an impactful purpose on someone's life, including your own. Learn more about how you can continue serving on your next mission at CVS Health.
Careers for Veterans and Military Spouses
"The military has an ethos that is grounded in purpose-driven service that’s bigger than the individual. The same holds true for us at CVS Health. You can talk to colleagues in any part of our business and they will be able to articulate our company’s purpose. Working here provides an opportunity for service members and military spouses to continue to serve, just in a civvies."