Partners with the Director, Field HR for leading and overseeing the delivery of HR policies procedures, services, and solutions to an assigned region to include, but not be limited to, talent management, talent acquisition, employee and labor relations, pay administration, succession planning, delivery of training, performance management, diversity and inclusion, and HR investigations. Accountable for partnering with COEs on developing select products and solutions within these areas. Leads a team of HR professionals in supporting the achievement of the HR strategy, business priorities and key foundational programs.
- Demonstrates strong understanding of company and HR strategy, ultimately driving translation of strategy to region through talent programs or processes, and partnering with leaders to obtain business outcomes.
- Accountable for developing, driving, delivering, and gaining early adoption of talent and development programs, individual development plans, succession planning, performance management, recruiting strategy and other corporately driven talent management and OD/OE Programs for the company or assigned region.
- Responsible for coaching leadership to transform, achieve business and professional goals using Walgreens tools / learning model.
- Accountable for creation of select tools, programs, or solutions under direction of the COE; supports the implementation of HR COE designed strategies, processes, and programs along with providing input and perspectives on COE initiatives.
- Accountable for the education of managers on HR initiatives, processes and strategy; takes appropriate action to support the programmatic delivery of the HR strategy; provides input into how to realize the HR strategy for regional team members.
- Responsible for managing the field recruiter in the implementation and administration of recruitment programs and processes to efficiently and effectively meet business needs
- Accountable for managing and overseeing all HR processes for an assigned region to include the escalation of HR delivery opportunities related to employee investigations, policy compliance, and employee relations identified by Field HR and/or HR shared services.
- Accountable for ensuring that appropriate leadership and tools are deployed into the field to optimize an environment where the workplace is free of discrimination and harassment by proactively measuring employee engagement, turnover, and compliance with all applicable Federal, state, and/or municipal laws.
- Conducts and/or collaborates to deliver HR programs such as new hire onboarding and assimilation, mergers and acquisition support, safety compliance and monitoring, performance and talent management programs deployment, and general team member education.
- Partners with business leaders and Employee Relations on escalated employee relations cases, conducting appropriate investigations, and brings matters to a reasonable business conclusion. Further escalates cases of significance to higher HR/ER/Legal team members that have the potential of a regional and/or company-wide impact.
- Acts as a liaison with Employee and Labor Relations to interpret and comply with labor contract requirements.
- May interact with outside representatives at various levels.
- Provides leadership, direction, coaching, feedback, and, where appropriate, discipline to and through subordinate team members.
- Accountable for the deployment and early adoption of HQ or COE HR program roll-out and ensures communication, training, and compliance by the market of such deployments.
- Accountable for creating, fostering, managing, and affecting a positive workplace which drive engagement, inclusion, and ensures an environment free of harassment in any form.
- Accountable for identifying business needs and partnering with appropriate resources to find solutions closing these gaps to drive people and business performance resulting in optimal outcomes for the company
- Participates in workforce planning for supported businesses within the region and provides supporting justification through action planning results during the roll-up process.
- Monitors and proactively reacts to overall HR metrics, trends, and performance for an assigned region or site(s), in consultation and collaboration with other HR team members and business leaders; driving business performance through predictive analysis.
- Ensures that assigned region maintains a work environment that is conducive to employee self-representation.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans
Walgreens (www.walgreens.com) is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy. As America’s most loved pharmacy, health and beauty company, Walgreens purpose is to champion the health and wellbeing of every community in America. Operating more than 9,000 retail locations across America, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health destination serving approximately 8 million customers each day. Walgreens pharmacists play a critical role in the U.S. healthcare system by providing a wide range of pharmacy and healthcare services. To best meet the needs of customers and patients, Walgreens offers a true omnichannel experience, with platforms bringing together physical and digital, supported by the latest technology to deliver highquality products and services in local communities nationwide.
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 4 years of experience in an HR concentration such as an HR Generalist/HRBP, employee relations, labor relations, training and development, OD/OE, diversity, compensation, benefits, and/or talent acquisition, or a High School Diploma and 7 years of experience in an HR concentration such as an HR Generalist/HRBP, employee relations, labor relations, training and development, OD/OE, diversity, compensation, benefits, and/or talent acquisition.
- Experience in diagnosing, isolating, and resolving complex issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Experience evaluating information to determine compliance with standards, laws, and regulations.
- Experience delivering presentations to various audience levels within an organization.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or formatting font).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns).
- At least 2 years of experience planning, developing, and managing departmental expense and capital budgets.
- At least 2 years of experience of direct leadership and/or cross functional team leadership
- Willing to travel up to 75% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- PHR or SPHR Certification as granted by HRCI (Human Resource Certification Institute).
- Experience providing employee/labor relations support virtually to team members in multiple locations.
Walgreens (walgreens.com), one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy. Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health, beauty and retail destination supporting communities across the country, and was named to FORTUNE* magazine’s 2019 Companies that Change the World list.
Approximately 8 million customers interact with Walgreens in stores and online each day. As of August 31, 2019, Walgreens operates 9,277 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, along with its omnichannel business, Walgreens.com. Walgreens also provides specialty pharmacy and mail services and offers in-store clinics and other health care services throughout the United States, most of which are operated by our health care strategic partners.
Walgreens is the the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (WBA), and WBA is currently ranked No. 1 in the Food and Drug Industry list of Fortune's World Most Admired Companies (2019), and has been included on this list as WBA (or previously as Walgreen Co.) for the past 26 consecutive years.
Walgreens | Phoenix, Arizona
Walgreens | Tolleson, Arizona
Walgreens | Chandler, Arizona
Accenture | Phoenix, Arizona
Wells Fargo | Chandler, Arizona
Walgreens | Chandler, Arizona
Walgreens | Chandler, Arizona
BrightSpring Health Services | Phoenix, Arizona
Wells Fargo | Phoenix, Arizona
Wells Fargo | Phoenix, Arizona