Food Service Shift Leader - Military Veterans
Dining Facility Shift Lead is responsible for monitoring other country national employees and provide supply movement support for the rations warehouse; support to include off-loading subsistence and supply items, removing delivered items from pallets and storing items per requirements.
This position description is subject to change at any time as needed to meet the requirements of the program or company.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
- Shall conduct food handling, storage, receiving and transferring of subsistence in strict accordance with the applicable Tri-Service Food Code and keep records of all food received and stored as required, verifying proper handling and storage procedures are used.
- Responsible for escorting/monitoring other country national employees and vendors in accordance with the performance work statement.
- Responsible for communicating and upholding company standards, leading by example, working as a team to provide professional food services.
- Shall operate up to a 2.5-ton reefer truck and up to 10k forklift.
- Shall assist the Storeroom and DFAC Supervisors as required to operate food service services 24/7/365.
- Comply with all applicable Government and corporate regulations, policies and procedures: AFI 34-239, Food Service Management Program, AFMAN 34-240, Food Service Program Management, and the Tri-Service Food Code.
- Follow HACCP procedures.
- Responsible for ensuring a safe, clean, sanitary, healthy, presentable, professional atmosphere, free of dust, clutter and trash in all working facilities, areas and grounds.
- Responsible for proper utilization and safeguarding of all government and contractor provided property (e.g., to include government facilities, equipment and tools).
- Responsible for precise execution of company time reporting procedures and accurate completion of timesheet.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this classification. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees to perform this job.
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
Daily use of computer, associated office software, phone. MHE to include 2.5 Ton Reefer Truck and 10K forklifts. Protective personal safety equipment such as hard hat, safety glasses, steel-toed boots, ear protections, etc.
Work will be inside and outside. Exposure to cold, dust, noise, and chemicals may occur. Overtime and shift work may be required depending on contractual needs. Employee must comply with all Federal, State and Local regulations and published Company work rules as well as written instructions. Task specific work environment training will be provided as required. Must be prepared to function in a wartime environment to support U. S. interests. 100% Overseas Assignment.
Physical requirements may include lifting to 50lb, climbing, extended sitting, and standing, stooping, stretching or bending. May be required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE-ex: gas mask, steel-toed shoes, gloves, safety glasses, etc.) as needed.
- Education/Certifications: One-year related experience may be substituted for one year of education if degree is required.
- Must have a High School diploma or equivalent
- Must be certified to drive a 2.5-ton reefer truck and up to 10K forklift.
- Must have and maintain a current Serve-Safe certification (Within 3 years).
- Must have a valid Passport and Driver's License.
- Must have a valid SECRET or Interim Secret Security Clearance prior to deployment.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English fluently.
- Must be able to pass MOD13 employment and deployment qualification requirements that include psychological, medical, dental, drug testing, background checks, etc.
A minimum of one (1) year of related work experience in food service warehousing and storage procedures of perishable and non-perishable subsistence and shall be familiar with manual and automated supply accounting systems, policies and procedures.
- Must be knowledgeable in Tri-Service Food Code, AFMAN 34-240, Food Service Program Management Armed Forces Recipe System, inventory control, HACCP, and the U.S Department of Health and Human Services Food Code standards.
- Thorough understanding of quality customer food service and preparation of nutritional meals.
- Must be able to work under pressure.
- Service oriented.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
Vectrus is a leading global government services company with a history in the services market that dates back more than 70 years. The company provides facility and base operations; supply chain and logistics services; information technology mission support; and engineering and digital integration services to U.S. government customers around the world. Vectrus is differentiated by operational excellence, superior program performance, a history of long-term customer relationships and a strong commitment to their customers' mission success. Vectrus is headquartered in Colorado Springs, CO, and includes about 6,700 employees spanning 129 locations in 22 countries. In 2018, Vectrus generated sales of $1.3 billion. To learn about career opportunities at Vectrus, visit www.vectrus.com/careers.