Job Type:100% Reimbursed
Job Posting Title:Mechatronics Junior Apprentice
Job Description Summary:The Mechatronics Junior Apprentice (MJA) will learn to perform the job of a Mechatronics Junior Technician to install, alter, troubleshoot, repair, and maintain electronic, mechanical, computer, control systems and components in a complex fulfillment/distribution center through the completion of a comprehensive classroom, laboratory, and on-the-job learning program. The apprentice will also train in and adhere to all health and safety policies and procedures.
Participants must be able attend a 12-week training at one of three colleges: Vincennes University (Vincennes, IND), Lehigh Carbon Community College (Allentown, PA), or Dallas College – Eastfield Campus (Dallas, TX). Travel related expenses, including room and board, while during the training will be provided.
Participants will receive a fixed hourly rate for training, after successful completion of the Apprenticeship Program, the Apprenticeship will receive a promotion to a Service Technician II position at an increased fixed rate.
- Follow work processes closely at school and on the shop floor to ensure a safe environment while job shadowing with technical advisor in On the Job Learning (OJL)
- Communicate and work well within a team environment both in school and in OJL
- Work with technical documentation
- Work with a computer both in school and on the shop floor
- Work with material transfer conveyors
- Understand, identify, locate malfunctions, remove, replace, adjust, and return to service
- Learn PLCs and work with Automation Engineers in a laboratory environment
- Combine electronic, mechanical, computer and control skills at the workplace
- Work with complex high-performance manufacturing systems
- Analyze, troubleshoot, and repair systems to maintain process efficiency
- Analyzes technical specifications of mechatronic systems, subsystems, modules and components
- Perform scheduled, predictive, and preventive maintenance to detect and prevent problems
- Troubleshoot to identify and prevent possible problems and failures and make repairs
- Incorporate relevant technical literature into the understanding of system operation and coordinate efforts with other technicians involved in installing or maintaining equipment or components
- Install, repair, adjust, and test equipment and components to ensure that systems function properly
- Communicate with machine operators and operate equipment to detect equipment problems, analyze malfunctions, and verify system problems
- Observe and incorporate safety standards and regulations required for safe operation of the system
- Work any shift
- Perform all physical duties of a skilled labor associate (i. e. heavy lifting, prolonged standing, bending, twisting, and reaching)
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Open to the possibility of relocation after completion of the 15-month program
- Able enroll in and attend a 12-week training at one of three colleges: Vincennes University (Vincennes, IND), Lehigh Carbon Community College (Allentown, PA), or Dallas College – Eastfield Campus (Dallas, TX)
- Must meet the minimum qualifying score on a Mechanical Aptitude Test
- High school or equivalent diploma
- Experience in an electrical, mechanical, or controls field
C&W Services is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Veterans at Cushman & Wakefield will find challenging and rewarding work directly related to their skills and talents. Just as importantly, they will find a camaraderie among the brothers and sisters, peers and leaders who support their distinct needs as well as a culture that honors and respects their contributions in the military and in our organization. Veterans hold positions throughout our organization, from our executive leadership to the front line. Our Veterans Initiative Program infuses leadership into our efforts to attract, engage and recognize our nation’s men and women who bear the honor of service in our Armed Forces.
We’re a world-class commercial real estate services company who puts our customers at the center of everything we do. But to you, the veteran or transitioning service member, this means that we have amazing opportunities in project and property management, through facility engineering and skilled trades, to corporate services – and quite possibly everything in between.
Cushman & Wakefield and C&W Services | , Illinois