Laboratory Asst II - Military Veterans
St Petersburg, FL
DescriptionSHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
We are seeking a dynamic motivated hospital based Laboratory Assistant like you to join our organization. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, a generous benefit package and growth opportunities.
Your benefits include:
· Student Loan Repayment
· Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
· Paid Personal Leave
· 401k (100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
· Identity Theft Protection discounts
· Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
· Adoption Assistance
· Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
This is a full time position working nights.
IRL is a full service provider for clinical laboratory and anatomic pathology services, providing hospitals, physicians, and clients with timely diagnostic information for patient care. Our infrastructure includes a fully automated esoteric core laboratory in Fort Lauderdale, a histology and microbiology operation in Largo, Florida and in Alachua Florida, and a network of hospital based rapid-response laboratories throughout Florida. Through the process of re-engineering and the application of leading edge automation technology, IRL has transformed laboratory operations into an integrated service network. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
As a Laboratory Assistant, you will perform specimen collection on assigned shifts under the supervision of the department supervisor, manager or director. You will perform duties consistent with written procedures and regulatory requirements. You will also support the department in achieving goals for service, quality, regulatory compliance, financial performance, patient satisfaction, healthy work environment and integration of intra and inter-departmental activities.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of specimen collection and testing requirements as well as specimen rejection criteria
- Demonstrate proficiency in venipunctures and/or finger-sticks on pediatric, neonatal, adults and geriatric patients
- Demonstrate proficiency in heel sticks on infants (as patient population requires)
- Complete appropriate specimen collection documentation
- Follow established procedures for patient identification and specimen collection based test orders
- Educate patient and/or family regarding specimen collection procedures prior to obtaining specimen
- Use computer information system relative to job functions
- Become responsible for clerical duties (i.e., faxing, phones, pneumatic tube system, reports)
- Demonstrate ability to deal with priorities first and plans for completion of duties
- Review Outstanding Specimen Report (OSR) and pending specimen collections/accessioning issues; take action as appropriate
You Should Have:
- A completed high school diploma or GED
- A vocational/technical diploma
- A phlebotomy certificate is beneficial
- Less than 1 year of experience in a clinical laboratory setting
- You should have the availability to work during disasters
- The ability to stand, bend, reach, squat, kneel, move and lift patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. We are actively interviewing so apply today. We are very excited to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
St Petersburg, FL
HCA Serving Those Who Have Served Us So Faithfully.
Guided by the principle that quality care begins with the warmth, compassion, and positive attitude of our employees, HCA has consistently proven to be the nation’s leading healthcare provider with the widest range of employment opportunities.
Since our founding over 40 years ago, HCA has grown in size and services with over 280 affiliate facilities in 20 states and England. Our family of nearly 190,000 strong is dedicated to developing innovative strategies and practices to better the human condition.
Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. Expert care, ethical conduct, innovative technologies, and best practices are the core of our resources. Through these, we strive to deliver high-quality, cost-effective, community-centric health care for approximately 18 million patients annually.
HCA has over 7000 open requisitions in hospitals, diagnostic, outpatient and business operations across 20 states in the U.S.
Our employment opportunities fill job classes in both patient care and business support services. While a majority of positions account for clinical backgrounds, HCA has many opportunities in supply chain and logistics, IT, engineering and technical, administrative and managerial, sales, finance and accounting, environmental, plant ops, HR and many more.