NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is a leading software- and services-led enterprise provider in the financial, retail and hospitality industries. NCR is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, with 36,000 employees globally. NCR is a trademark of NCR Corporation in the United States and other countries.
TITLE: Global Account Sales Engineer / Pre-Sales Software Consulting Architect
LOCATION: Virtual (Boston/Northeast US preferred, Atlanta secondary)
Think you know NCR? Think again!
NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is a leading software- and services-led enterprise provider in the financial, retail and hospitality industries. NCR is headquartered in Atlanta, Ga., with 36,000 employees globally. NCR is a trademark of NCR Corporation in the United States and other countries.
For over 136 years, we've been focused on turning the moment of transaction into a meaningful experience. Our unique perspective brings enterprise tech to all the moving parts of business across industries. We've earned the trust of businesses large and small. From the best-known brands around the world to your local favorite around the corner.
We help financial institutions, retailers and restaurants around the world run better-so they have more time to create customer experiences that drive lasting success.
The world is going digital-and it's happening fast. Even for physical brands in retail, banking and hospitality, digital-led experiences are capturing more customer interest, engagement and loyalty.
That means the key to running businesses smoothly and profitably for years to come is the right integration of digital and physical tech.
Our future-facing technology connects every system and customer touchpoint-from back office to point of sale (POS), from kitchen production to mobile checkout, from financial institution branch transformation to digital and mobile banking, and everything in between.
Our portfolio includes digital first offerings for banking, restaurants and retailers, as well as payments, multi-vendor connected device services, ATMs, POS terminals and self-service technologies.
With six million points of service worldwide, we're positioned like no other to help businesses navigate digital transformations, while growing revenue and increasing productivity.
POSTION SUMMARY & KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
Are you an experienced pre-sales solution engineer and/or Software Consulting Architect with the agility and the creativity to lead a comprehensive technical solution strategy, while addressing technology issues, assessing customer IT infrastructure and determining the technology needed to insure customer adoption of the proposed solution for a global account?
The Sales Engineer/SW Consulting Architect is a leader of the solution strategy and solution planning which best suit the customer's needs based on the business objectives and technical requirements. The Sales Engineer acts as the Global Account Executive's partner in developing and establishing business opportunities, and technical sales execution strategy The Sales Engineer will develop business opportunities, build customer solution map, establish C-level relationships with the customer's technical leadership and work closely with the customer-facing teams to increase market share, grow revenue and increase customer satisfaction.
If you have proven experience in pre-sales/customer-facing/technical roles with 5+ years in the retail industry and exceptional customer-focus and bias for action, we want to talk to you.
Key Areas of Responsibility include:
- Jointly create, manage and execute account plans side by side with the Account Executives, by taking lead on key technical initiatives, be introduced to key technical stakeholders in each account, and create a solution plan according to initiatives and objectives
- Maintain and develop existing and new offerings through appropriate and relevant internal liaison, to optimize business growth and customer satisfaction.
- Plan and prioritize opportunities for utmost productivity and efficiency
- Validate software, hardware and services pricing and margins based on the scope of work.
- Engage Professional Services in opportunities after forming a clear solution plan.
- Monitor and report on market and competitor's activities
- Monitor pre-sales budget, per account / opportunity
- Communicate and report internally on opportunity status and plan ahead using appropriate methods to facilitate the development of profitable business and sustainable relationships.
- Attend and present at customer meetings and internal sessions with other company functions, as necessary.
- Influence buyers on product offering new / improved products / innovation within the industry
- Focus on upselling while acting as a technical advisor to customers within remit.
- Follow and comply with all relevant policy and quality system and administration procedures, processes and practice.
- Work with and drive the Customer Solution Engineers team (CSE) to ensure the right personnel are aligned for specific product demos and presales discussions.
- Influence changes through close internal dialogue, ensuring customer's expectations and service agreements are met.
- Influence product development and enhancements using gathered intelligence to enhance internal practices and processes, achieving genuine sales development.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering preferred
- 5+ years of experience in pre-sales/customer-facing/technical roles selling software, hardware, and services.
- 3+ years of experience in Retail industry
- Working with large retailers as a consultant, service provider, software provider or from an end-user perspective.
- Industry areas of focus include Food, Drug, Mass Merchant (FDMM), Petroleum Convenience Retail (PCR), or Department/Specialty Retail (DSR)
- Excellent English, including both oral and written communication, with high-level presentation skills
- Self-motivated & self-driven motivated passion for the industry and products
- Able to achieve organizational objectives through effective planning, punctuality, organizational, coordination, decision making, and time management skills.
- Result-orientated with a positive outlook
- Clear focus on high quality and business profit
- "Make it happen" team player
- Effective communicator, can deal with all levels of people from Senior Management down to front line employees
- Professional and credible in dealing with senior company executives
- Able to achieve organizational objectives through effective planning, punctuality, organizational, coordination, decision making, and time management skills
- Results-orientated with a positive outlook
- Clear focus on high quality and business profit
- Reliable, tolerant and determined
- Adaptable to change in a fast moving environment
- Knowledge in Salesforce an advantage
- Preferred experience in the retail technology Industry, specifically the Food, Drug, & Mass Merchant (FDMM) segment, including Point of Sale, Inventory Management, Marketing & Loyalty solutions, fuel and foodservice solutions.
- Travel up to 50%
Offers of employment are conditional upon passage of screening criteria applicable to the job.
Integrated into our shared values is NCR's commitment to diversity and equal employment opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, military service, genetic information, or any other characteristic or conduct protected by law. NCR is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. Every individual at NCR has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.
Statement to Third Party Agencies
To ALL recruitment agencies: NCR only accepts resumes from agencies on the NCR preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, NCR employees, or any NCR facility. NCR is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is a leader in banking and commerce solutions, powering incredible experiences that make life easier. With its software, hardware, and portfolio of services, NCR enables transactions across financial, retail, hospitality, travel, telecom and technology industries. NCR is headquartered in Atlanta, Ga., with 34,000 employees and does business in 180 countries. NCR is a trademark of NCR Corporation in the United States and other countries.
NCR Corporation | Greenfield, Massachusetts
Airgas, an Air Liquide Company | Greenfield, Massachusetts
Spectrum | Orange, Massachusetts
Spectrum | Keene, New Hampshire
Ryder System Inc. | Springfield, Massachusetts
CVS Health | Greenfield, Massachusetts
Walgreens | Chicopee, Massachusetts
Walgreens | Turners Falls, Massachusetts
Walgreens | Chicopee, Massachusetts
Walgreens | Northampton, Massachusetts