Have you heard? Georgia-Pacific is opening a new $285 million state-of-the art gypsum mill in Sweetwater, TX with an anticipated start date of Fall, 2022. Once in operation, this location combined with the existing plant will produce more than 1 billion square feet of gypsum products each year! This is an exciting opportunity to work in a technologically advanced facility in a world class Market Based Management culture.
Georgia Pacific is looking for E&I Technicians for our new facility. These positions are eligible for relocation benefits and well offer a competitive salary. Once it is operational, the new plant will employ approximately 175 full-time employees, so come be a part of our team!
WHAT YOU WILL DO IN THE ROLE
- Work with operating technicians, mechanics, engineers and other team members to improve reliability and performance of mill equipment
- Install equipment at the component level while adhering to all state and plant codes, policies and procedures
- Troubleshoot, repair and maintain machinery and electrical equipment in accordance with diagrams, sketches, operating manuals and manufacturers specifications. Equipment includes but is not limited to: motors, pneumatic components, conveyor systems and production machines
- Operate hand tools, power tools and precision measuring tools and testing instruments for repairs and calibration
- Maintain and improve the reliability of all plant equipment through the use of the MP2 work order system and repair records
- Respond to plant electrical and maintenance issues
- Share knowledge with other technicians regarding maintenance and troubleshooting of equipment
- Work any shift, holidays, weekends, and overtime
THE EXPERIENCE YOU WILL BRING
- Three (3) years of electrical and/or instrumentation experience in a manufacturing or industrial environment; or two (2) year degree or higher in Electrical/Electronic or Industrial Technology
- Experience working with computers for record-keeping and documentation functions
- Strong troubleshooting skills using PLC’s
- Experience in working with & troubleshooting electrical systems that use 480V, 3 Phase and lower voltages
- Experience installing, troubleshooting, repairing and calibrating electrical/mechanical instrumentation
- Willing and able to be training in the use of PLC programming and software
WHAT WILL PUT YOU AHEAD
- Five (5) years or more of industrial experience in the electrical and/or electronics field
- Experience working with PLC’s, RSLogix5000, RSLinx and Siemens S7
- Experience working with variable frequency drives and servo drives
- Experience in the electrical and/or electronics field in a manufacturing setting
- Experience working with pneumatic systems
- Experience with systems integration i.e.: PLC, HMI, Instrumentation, Networking, Communication and Power Distribution
- Experience reading technical drawings, electrical and pneumatic schematics
- Knowledge of National Electric Code (NEC)
- Experience troubleshooting bearings, chains, sprockets, gearboxes and conveyors
Georgia-Pacific’s Building Products business is consistently among the nation’s top suppliers of building products to large warehouse retailers and building materials dealers. To learn more about our Building Products division, visit www.buildgp.com. And, to learn more about our gypsum products, visit www.gpgypsum.com.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
Koch companies have a presence in nearly 60 countries and employ about 60,000 people. They have invested about $45 billion in acquisitions and other capital expenditures since 2003 to make life better around the world by efficiently converting resources into products and services that people depend on every day.
Our major industries include refining, chemicals and biofuels; process and pollution control equipment and technologies; minerals; fertilizers; polymers and fibers; commodity trading and services; forest and consumer products; and ranching.
Since 1960, the value of the Standard & Poor's 500 grew 100-fold (assuming the reinvestment of dividends). During that same period, the value of Koch Industries grew nearly 3,500-fold (using the same assumptions). The growth of Koch companies has been achieved both through acquisitions and through expansion and broadening of existing businesses. Contributing to the company’s continued growth is the shareholders’ long-time policy of reinvesting 90 percent of earnings.
We have long been committed to creating real, sustainable value for all of society. For decades, Koch companies have supported education and social progress. These philanthropic efforts include support for educational institutions, foundations and programs that study and promote market-based solutions to societal challenge. Koch also works to protect, conserve and enhance natural resources; Koch companies around the world have earned more than 550 awards for safety, environmental excellence, community stewardship, innovation and customer service since January 2009.
Koch Industries | Sweetwater, Texas
FedEx Ground | Abilene, Texas
BrightSpring Health Services | Sweetwater, Texas
Kelly | Sweetwater, Texas
Papa John's International | Abilene, Texas
Papa John's International | Abilene, Texas
Penske Truck Leasing | Merkel, Texas